BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They only Z8's I have seen before were at the dealer, I was starting to wonder if people really drive them.:dunno:

This one looked well driven, the wheels and sideskirts were coated in brake dust. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Early on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago I walked to the end of our driveway to get the newspaper. Just as I picked it up I looked up to see a black Z8 with hardtop cruise by. It looked great, blasting down a back road all by itself early in the morning. I was like... :yikes:

·
Registered
595 Posts
car is gorgeous....

....but it's so convoluted to me.

lacks focus.

if it's a lifestyle car, at $128k, does it do well against other lifestyle cars?

i was playing with one up close at the dealer and you know those "chrome" mirrors?

they're plastic which are plated.

things like that would seriously irritate me if i were dropping that kind of money on a car. i know the STREET price of a 360 modena is about $220k, but it also MSRPs for $130k or so. big difference between the two cars.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
have only seen one

the only one I've seen on the street is Orange Marlin's at the Bimmerfest West road rally.

BTW, I think the chrome side mirrors would look much better painted the same color as the car. I do not like them (the chrome side mirrors) at all :thumbdwn:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: car is gorgeous....

blackdawg said:
they're plastic which are plated.
Um...It's to keep the weight down? :)

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
I've seen a couple near where I live... There's a black one that I've seen at least 3 times (once with a hardtop on), all within 200 yards of the same intersection.

But, last Friday night I saw 2 within 5 minutes of each other. It was the first time I had seen one at night (well dusk) -- the neon tailights is how I noticed both of them! Way cool!

·
Registered
595 Posts
the paint quality is also terrible.....

i've seen them in silver, imola/orangish red, and black.

all three really do not suit a high end luxury car.

i've seen richer paint on 3 series cars.

no depth, very flat, paint.

yuck-o all around. the best part of the z8 is the aluminum technology for the chassis will be used for future bmw's.

·
superwagon pilot
'17 991.2C, '19 e450 wagon, 11 135iC, 09 x3
1,407 Posts
ZBB 325Ci said:
I've seen a couple near where I live... There's a black one that I've seen at least 3 times (once with a hardtop on), all within 200 yards of the same intersection.

But, last Friday night I saw 2 within 5 minutes of each other. It was the first time I had seen one at night (well dusk) -- the neon tailights is how I noticed both of them! Way cool!
Interesting, I've probably seen 15 or so on the road around here. Of course I live in a little place a half mile from a BIG Ferrari dealership, so people in my area have more money than they know what to do with (that does NOT apply to me). The best looking one was a Topaz/Tan I saw cruising through Annapolis, it was truly beautiful. I saw a Black/Tanin one too which was gorgeous. They really are striking when you see them up close.

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
Someone had brought his Z8 from Phoenix at the LA CCA's driving school at Willow Springs last month. Sweet car, but too heavy. He was in the Advanced-Intermediate (B) run group, and most other drivers were lapping around him all day long - though he could really kick butt in the straights.

At least the guy was really driving the car the way it is was built to be driven... not a freakin' expensive garage queen...

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
What?????

Raffi - I assume the guy had his hard top on, but still, how did he get into a track event with no permanent roll bar? I had heard off an event where the instructors mistakenly let some roadsters in and that (for liability reasons) they won't be allowing that anymore. We'll see how well they stick to the rules in the future.

johnlew - tell your friend to please paint his side mirrors black (and BTW we're all jealous :p )

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: the paint quality is also terrible.....

blackdawg said:
i've seen them in silver, imola/orangish red, and black.

all three really do not suit a high end luxury car.

i've seen richer paint on 3 series cars.

no depth, very flat, paint.

yuck-o all around. the best part of the z8 is the aluminum technology for the chassis will be used for future bmw's.
How about Stratus Metallic with Crema Leather?? Now that is a different combo! Stratus is a color that almost resembles kalahari beige mixed with steel grey, and it can change hue to appear green, blue, etc. depending on lighting. The Crema interior is Black and Ecru, the seats being half and half and most of the rest of the interior being Ecru. This combination is absolutely breath taking. It is perfect for a car like the Z8. My dealer has had several Z8s sit around for a while- red, silver, black; the Stratus Z8 sold within a few days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.