BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a whim, as I'm a few weeks away from taking delivery on my new car, I stopped by CarMax to see what they'd give me for my current car that I am about to return to BMW.
I also went to my BMW dealer to see what they thought it was worth. CarMax was better and in less than 2 hours, I made $7,000. They paid out the buyout directly to BMW Financial and gave me a draft for my "positive equity" on the spot. I am driving a rental for a month.
Something to consider for those who lease....

· (aharding)ED #1 Sept 2012
601 Posts
What model car and how long was the lease term? Did you buy down the lease up front? Perhaps we can learn from your scenario. Thanks!

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What model car and how long was the lease term? Did you buy down the lease up front? Perhaps we can learn from your scenario. Thanks!
It was a loaded 2009 M3 Convt with every single option except 19 inch wheels. I leased it for 36 months with 36000 miles (it had 38000 on it last week). I put zero down. I think the used market is simply strong now and the upcoming demise of the V8 in the M3 are factors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.