BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Congratulations! I've had my MC for 14 days now and for me it's like driving the 60's muscle car I never had (too young in the 60's/early 70's), but always had a fine appreciation for. This car is eye catching, and just a little unrefined to the good. As for some of the nay sayers on this and other boards wrt the "old" engine technology - Hogwash! It's a great package, continues to win awards and is the perfect amount of power to balance this car. IMO...:thumbup: What color combination have you ordered?

Dave

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats on your choice. Too bad you couldn't fit into the Elise/Exige for a run around the track because it is a blast in that respect. The unassisted (non-power) steering is just amazing. You really ARE driving the car... no fancy electronics. Most fun car I've ever driven on the track... but, needs a supercharger to keep up with the big boys.

The M coupe is a great choice. I was pretty settled on getting a Cayman S myself but Porsche overpriced it, and frankly, it's pretty cheap inside unless you get the $3300 full leather package. I think the reason the Porsche weighs less is that it is made with more plastic parts than the ///M ;) As a former Boxster S owner, and former E39 owner, I can attest to that. Also, the Cayman S just doesn't have enough punch. It's very fun to drive though (not as fun as an Elise/Exige)

The M coupe is stunning to look at, and is going to be a lot less common than the Cayman IMO. It should hold its value better. Personally, I think it's too nice to take on the track. (ask me about off-track excursions:eek: ) But if I had an unlimited budget, it would be fun to turn into a race car. Of course, I'd have to buy 2 so I could have one for the street.:bigpimp:

What color/options did you get?

·
Z4 Mvangelist
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Caddyshk said:
Congratulations! I've had my MC for 14 days now and for me it's like driving the 60's muscle car I never had (too young in the 60's/early 70's), but always had a fine appreciation for. This car is eye catching, and just a little unrefined to the good. As for some of the nay sayers on this and other boards wrt the "old" engine technology - Hogwash! It's a great package, continues to win awards and is the perfect amount of power to balance this car. IMO...:thumbup: What color combination have you ordered?

Dave
Titanium Silver, Imola Red leather (black and red), Aluminum trim. Premium package, Nav.

It'll probably end up with a set of RGRs as soon as I can burn up the stock rubber. I didn't get heated seats because I'm going to have Chris at BMS add a heater/massager like he did on my M5 and our 540iT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.