BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is involved in Turbocharging an M50. I have an E30 and last winter I did an engine swap but now I want more power... its an addiction. What would be better... Turbo, or supercharger?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
i think turbocharging will produce more power but reduce reliability.
Why not the S50 swap?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Its at the bodyshop right now, but they still havn't started work on it... I probably wont have it back until the end of the month :mad: Every bodyshop in the city is backed up with insurance claims, we had a huge hail storm not too long ago. I would have done the S50 swap... I just couldn't find one for a decent price so i settled for the M50. Still, much better then the M20

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done a little googling and found a thread on BIMMERFORMS.COM They are claiming 550Rwhp out on the M50 with a gt30r turbo and VAC headgasket... Although I love these numbers theres no way my stock driveline will hold that power. Does this mean E36 tranny and M3 rear end? Anyone know what other mods are involved?

·
On Top
8,772 Posts
Link to thread? :dunno: 500 RWhp is a big claim and I would like to see a dyno and time slip to back that up. I bet if you had ///M3 driveline you would be pullin your tranny once a month to replace your input shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts