BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgeline Forged Alloy Wheels has named UUC Motorwerks as their exclusive dealer for BMW-fitment wheels.

UUC is proud to have "forged" this relationship as the Forgeline wheel products represent the pinnacle of quality wheel design and manufacturing. Forgeline's dedication to technical superiority, craftmanship, and artistic design is perfectly aligned with UUC's similar dedication to providing only the "ultimate performance components" for the "ultimate driving machine".

The secret to combining light weight and strength is in the "press forging" process where the wheel center is actually pressed in the final shape, utilizing the aligned metal crystalline structure to improve strength at the molecular level. This is in marked contrast to "billet forged" where the majority of the forging benefit is lost due to the machining process.

All of Forgeline's wheel offerings are truly "custom" - every aspect of each order is tailored to the enthusiast's specific needs. Every factor of the design can be adjusted, including offset, diameter (16"-20"), width (7"-13" in half-inch increments), center color (including genuine BMW color codes and polished finish), lip finish (polished or chrome), and even fastener material (titanium for light weight) are all customizable.

Please visit the UUC website for all Forgeline styles and pricing: http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/forgeline/

A few of the popular fitments for include these styles:

WC3 in 18"


VR3P in 19" and 20" sizes weighing approximately 26lbs:


SP3P in 19" and 20" sizes:


SO3P in 19" and 20" sizes:


SX3 and super-lightweight SX3-R in 18":
 

· Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jvr530i said:
Man, I like the S03P, but why are manufacturers moving to 19" as their smallest offering? I want 18" wheels with a nice 5-spoke design and a deep lip for my 330ci.
I think it's really because so many cars are coming with 18" standard and 19" as an option, and many people want to Plus One the wheel size when they get new wheels.

How about the RS3? It's an 18" fitment:





- Rob
 

· Is it Trackday yet?
Joined
·
9,181 Posts
I think it's really because so many cars are coming with 18" standard and 19" as an option, and many people want to Plus One the wheel size when they get new wheels.

How about the RS3? It's an 18" fitment:





- Rob
They're OK, what I really really want is these... Monet Gothic, but they're only available in 19" also. Lexion 203's are the closest I've found in 18", but they don't have the lip these do. I want to keep the weight the same or less than the BMW Style 135's that come with the car, 26# or less.

My main reason for swapping is to avoid spending half my life with a sponge brush and a bucket of suds cleaning them. I swapped the Style 42's that came with my 5'er a week after I got it, the HM2's are a snap to clean.

I also eat thru tires in a big hurry driving where I live and 19" tires are even more costly than 18's. Guess I'll keep looking, I also don't want to spend $4k on a w/t package either.

I want lighweight wheels that look good and don't cost a fortune. I know, one tough customer! :D
 

Attachments

· Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
18,743 Posts
atyclb said:
they're not listed on the sponsor page, and his text isn't green :dunno:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1087876&postcount=1

I want you to imagine something for a minute. Let's say that you owned
this website and you just hosted a huge BMW car show and there was this
vendor who sponsored the event, and you were trying to get them to
sponsor the site as well. While they are contemplating the next level of
commitment they decide to investigate the feasibility/value of site
sponsorship (with admin's permission) by making a post. Let's then imagine
that a disgruntled member with a chip on their shoulder decides to kink that
deal by calling the prospective site sponsor names like "spammer." What do
you think the chances are then that the vendor will agree to open up his
checkbook in order to support the site and the enthusiast's community?

:dunno:

Rob, please ignore atyclb.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jon said:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1087876&postcount=1

I want you to imagine something for a minute. Let's say that you owned
this website and you just hosted a huge BMW car show and there was this
vendor who sponsored the event, and you were trying to get them to
sponsor the site as well. While they are contemplating the next level of
commitment they decide to investigate the feasibility/value of site
sponsorship (with admin's permission) by making a post. Let's then imagine
that a disgruntled member with a chip on their shoulder decides to kink that
deal by calling the prospective site sponsor names like "spammer." What do
you think the chances are then that the vendor will agree to open up his
checkbook in order to support the site and the enthusiast's community?

:dunno:

Rob, please ignore atyclb.
Hey, no worries - I'm sure atyclb was just looking out for the good of the site and the advertisers.

We've been a sponsor of Bimmerfest since the beginning... I think there's just something going on with the site software.

Click "refresh" a few times on any page and our banner ad comes up eventually.

- Rob
 
Joined
·
23,233 Posts
Hey, no worries - I'm sure atyclb was just looking out for the good of the site and the advertisers.

We've been a sponsor of Bimmerfest since the beginning... I think there's just something going on with the site software.

Click "refresh" a few times on any page and our banner ad comes up eventually.

- Rob
no worries--you should definitely have been listed on the sponsor page then and should have green text, especially since you've been a sponsor for so long
 
Joined
·
23,233 Posts
Jon said:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1087876&postcount=1

I want you to imagine something for a minute. Let's say that you owned
this website and you just hosted a huge BMW car show and there was this
vendor who sponsored the event, and you were trying to get them to
sponsor the site as well. While they are contemplating the next level of
commitment they decide to investigate the feasibility/value of site
sponsorship (with admin's permission) by making a post. Let's then imagine
that a disgruntled member with a chip on their shoulder decides to kink that
deal by calling the prospective site sponsor names like "spammer." What do
you think the chances are then that the vendor will agree to open up his
checkbook in order to support the site and the enthusiast's community?

:dunno:

Rob, please ignore atyclb.
i'm confused--rob says they've been a sponsor since the beginning and they have banner ads here and that there's just a problem with the site software, while you're saying that they're just now considering sponsoring the site

:dunno:

what else is someone supposed to think when a company is not listed on the sponsor page, and does not have the approved green text?

We must have a lot of people here with chips on their shoulders, because tons of people call out spammers when they appear to be spamming.
 

· Spelling Impaired
Joined
·
5,719 Posts
Jon said:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1087876&postcount=1

I want you to imagine something for a minute. Let's say that you owned
this website and you just hosted a huge BMW car show and there was this
vendor who sponsored the event, and you were trying to get them to
sponsor the site as well. While they are contemplating the next level of
commitment they decide to investigate the feasibility/value of site
sponsorship (with admin's permission) by making a post. Let's then imagine
that a disgruntled member with a chip on their shoulder decides to kink that
deal by calling the prospective site sponsor names like "spammer." What do
you think the chances are then that the vendor will agree to open up his
checkbook in order to support the site and the enthusiast's community?

:dunno:

Rob, please ignore atyclb.
Jon,

Can we get a UUC link on the "Sponsor" page you access from the banner at the top of the page?

Reason I ask is when I do my surfing at home, my browser blocks all adds so I never see the adds that rotate in the top right corner when I am actually doing the bulk of my serious surfing/shoping.

When I jump on at work, my browser there doesn't block the adds so I have seen UUC's adds for a very long time, but that is not when I am going to be giving any sponsor/vendor any attention. Also, often if that vendor isn't on the page, and I don't want to go to their site at that moment, I have to wait until their add comes around again and then pull the link for later when I am at home.

I am sure I am not alone when I say I go to the sponsors list here as a refrence for reputable companies first before I go over to google. It doesn't hurt that they support all that goes on here and your little "get together" there in California. :D
 

· Bimmerfest Founder
Joined
·
18,743 Posts
Desertnate said:
Jon,

Can we get a UUC link on the "Sponsor" page you access from the banner at the top of the page?

Reason I ask is when I do my surfing at home, my browser blocks all adds so I never see the adds that rotate in the top right corner when I am actually doing the bulk of my serious surfing/shoping.

When I jump on at work, my browser there doesn't block the adds so I have seen UUC's adds for a very long time, but that is not when I am going to be giving any sponsor/vendor any attention. Also, often if that vendor isn't on the page, and I don't want to go to their site at that moment, I have to wait until their add comes around again and then pull the link for later when I am at home.

I am sure I am not alone when I say I go to the sponsors list here as a refrence for reputable companies first before I go over to google. It doesn't hurt that they support all that goes on here and your little "get together" there in California. :D
You know, I have an effective pop-up blocker too.

I never see any of the ads myself either.

My partners Mark and Tim handle all of the technical issues of the site
as well as all advertising and vendor relations.

At the moment we are working with several new potential Bimmerfest Board
Sponsors. I sure hope that nobody greets Steve Dinan with "SPAM" should
he decide to post here...

:rolleyes:

Nevertheless we'll make sure that all sponsors are appropriately listed on
the sponsor's page.

Again I am sorry that Rob had to subject to this disrespectful follow-up
post.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
20,253 Posts
Jon said:
At the moment we are working with several new potential Bimmerfest Board
Sponsors. I sure hope that nobody greets Steve Dinan with "SPAM" should
he decide to post here...
Well, for my part I'll greet him with a "WOOHOO! :thumbup: "
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top