1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Press release For immediate publication

Formula BMWUSA

Gelles Racing looking for victory in Mid-Ohio

Front Royal, Virginia, May 17th, 2005. - Gelles Racing will head this week to Lexington, Ohio and one of the most beautiful racing venues in America with a truckload of FB2 single seaters looking for the team's first win in the 2005 Formula BMW USA championship. To capture the checkered flag, Gelles will send four of its young guns, Belgium Maxime Soulet and Californian Justin Moon stand very good chances to accomplish this feat. Soulet stood on both podiums in Laguna Seca with a third and a second place while Moon had a shot for a Top 5 finish had he not raced without the front wing after being hit in a first corner incident.

"We had to be very satisfied with our performances in California, admits team owner Bob Gelles. Laguna Seca was our first outing in this series and we believe our drivers and crew did an outstanding job. Maxime (Soulet), although he missed the only practice session was third in the first race and second on Sunday. You have to give credit to this young man: he is a veteran that can show the way to our young drivers. Justin (Moon) could have had a luckier weekend but he overcame a difficult situation by coming back from far behind in the second race to finish sixth overall."

Maxime Soulet

Coming to America with a string of titles in Belgium, Maxime is one of the most experienced drivers on the grid. He currently sits in second place in the standings but will be looking for a win this weekend. "I would like to get a victory at Mid-Ohio, says he, because I want to leave Mid-Ohio as the leader in the standings."

Justin Moon

Justin promises to be among the best in Mid-Ohio. He wants to prove the series officials they were right in awarding him as a scholar. "I know I can do better, adds Moon, and the second race in Laguna gave me more confidence. I'll get the monkey off my back all right!"

Darin Marcus

This 17 year-old from Illinois would like to start his season all over again. "I think I was impressed by the track in Laguna, he admits, and I want to really get busy this time around. I will have Lolo back as my engineer and we work extremely well together."

Ryan Campbell

After missing the first weekend for family business, the young Canadian out of Lethbridge, Alberta will debut his season. He says: "I want to get comfortable with the FB2 car to start with, but I think I can get to speed on my first weekend."

Mid-Ohio, this Friday

Gelles Racing enters four cars in the Formula BMW USA 2005 Championship. The team is sponsored by Western Union, BMW of Sterling, Herberts and LeBleu, TenFore, USA TODAY and Care Centric. Gelles Racing is in second place in both the team and driver standings in the 2005 Formula BMW USA Championship.

For more information, Bob Gelles may be contacted at (703) 926-2474 or by email [email protected].

For information: Michel Poirier-Defoy, press officer, [email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts