BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Found little pin in my Gas tank...WHAT?

2099 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  AF
I was getting gas tonight and I found a tiny little pin next to my gas tank. It's on the left side, (side of the gas-crevice frame) it's just a tiny black thing that was sticking out and i couldn't close the tank until I just pushed it in. I have no idea what it is or if it's supposed to be there.

any idea?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
that pin is to lock ur gas tank cover

i would guess that you hit the lock button on the key after you opened the gas door...
It's the deadbolt for the gas door. When you lock your car, the deadbolt pin comes out.
330Guy said:
I was getting gas tonight and I found a tiny little pin next to my gas tank. It's on the left side, (side of the gas-crevice frame) it's just a tiny black thing that was sticking out and i couldn't close the tank until I just pushed it in. I have no idea what it is or if it's supposed to be there.

any idea?
Re: Re: Found little pin in my Gas tank...WHAT?

alee said:

It's the deadbolt for the gas door. When you lock your car, the deadbolt pin comes out.
Yup, tis true
Chris, check your car and let us know if the pin for the gas tank was missing so we could solve this mystery !!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.