BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 325i 98 thsnd miles on it verry clean insida and out , and all the suden vehicle stRted to idle after couple of minuts from starting the car , took it to the mecanica and found out that it was mising a cat converter took care of that of cours , but that diidnt fix the prob from the vehicle bad behaivior turning off rpm going up and down like crazy, fuel cuttoff etc, just turn on and off and car works fine for a litle wile then prob returns like a nightmRe, so check evrything frome head to toes, new fuel filter with regulator, new park plugs , check engine coils swap them and evrything , after reseting the codes and taking the car for test drive the misfire codes still came back on and started to fail as usaul, Sooo!!! Long story short i started to notice this wiseling noiz coming out of the intake air box aka maniflow, and when i step on the gas that succion noiz was louder and not alot increas on the rpm and vehicle will die and stuff like that , sooo yes people i hav a vacume leak!!! I will be replasing the old air box with a K&N cold air filter ,ima post some pix of that , also i will bee taking out the icv idle control valve and fully cleaning that as well , ima be replasing the lower boot of the air intake just bcuz its 10 years old you know, also i will be replasing pcv valve for overall full performance and max airflow to the vehicle .Soo if you hav misfire codes check for vacume leaks thats verry coment on bmw and lead to misfire codes , i will be back later with pix of the work that iv doen in the beemer .... coments are welcome...

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Learning Daily
278 Posts
Hi my friends, i hav a 2001 325i bmw and it seams to hav a misfire on 2 cylinders, i already replace spark plugs, new catalyic converter new fuel filter, already check the x
Coils sensors, check the air intake , it sounds like theirs a air leak but i already check that no leAKs, so i just need to check the compresion on the cylinders, and im scared it will bee a cylinder but to bee honest i dont think is that , becuz when thr car is cold and i star driving it it works just fine! , but when i pull up to a red light and hav the vehicle stoped for while on drive steping on the brake, it starts to fail and will not respond to the gas and eeven turn off, all i hav to do is turn it off an on and works for a wile again. Pleas sombodey help!!

i told you to double check

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmm wich one is bettet k&n or airaid?? Iv ben using k&n for i while and love their products

·
Noone Special
673 Posts
congrats on finally getting the problem taken care of. Goes to show even if your think you already check something, don't rule it out as a problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts