BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about six weeks of searching for a 750i with the right options, but no sport package, I finally found the one. It was in Cincinnati at the BMW dealer on the north end of town. It's a CPO with 21K miles, sterling gray / black. After having it inspected, I was going to just have it shipped home to Colorado. But after seeing it and driving it, I thought, "What a missed opportunity if you have it shipped back. Just cancel your plans for tomorrow and drive it home." Talk about a great drive. And talk about a car that could get you in serious trouble with the law!!! A slight touch of the "go pedal" and you're at triple-digits with no fuss, no noise, etc. Thankfully I didn't have any brushes with the law, though highway patrol officers tailed me a few times to read the out-of-state temporary license tag.

I would post some photos, but it is snowing here today - and it still has the 19" Pirelli sport tires on it. The new, all-season tires I ordered will be here next week. Not that it will see a lot of snow - that's what the Jeep is for. But I would like to go forward instead of sideways should I get caught in an storm that wasn't forecast.

I will post some photos when I get the opportunity to get some nice shots.

And by the way, 20 hours in this car was the perfect way to learn i-Drive. It was like a foreign-language immersion course; you had to learn the language to survive. Now, after learning it, I see that there was a logic to the software design. No, it's not entirely intuitive until you learn that logic. But it works nicely once you figure out what the software designers were thinking. Until I figured that out... I will admit to being thankful that the 07s have the leather pad on the i-Drive controller. It saved me from breaking my hand when I was pounding my fist on it in complete frustration. :)

·
Go Mountaineers!
627 Posts
Hey Professor, welcome aboard! Glad to hear about the new 7er. You will have to post some pictures of your new toy when you get a chance to get some. Sterling Grey is a beautiful color on the 7-series.

Mike

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome !!!

Awesome to do such a long trip with a new car, and I fully agree with your I-drive comments

Enjoy her... and PICS!!!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Congrats and great color combo!!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Congrats and welcome. if it snows in your area, then this car should be put on snow tires not all season tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It'll only see snow if it's by complete accident. The two sport utes in the garage will see to that.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
welcome prof !! 20 hours straight ! damn , thats some journey bud ! i don't blame you though ! great car ! why don't you like sport seats ??? my next one is def going to have them ! no more moving arouind in high speed cornering for me !!

·
It's all about me!
1,519 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome! Can't wait to see pics...

·
hookersandblow
7,254 Posts
I live down the street from that dealer :) haha.
The BMW Store on Stewart road, at the bottom of the hill by the highway and golf course?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts