BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped off in Zurich a month ago. After trying really hard to be patient this long, I called my CA and they did not have a ship listed. After some digging, they found out it's still at the port in Europe! This seems like an excessive amount of time; I was expecting my E91 to be at least half-way across the Atlantic by now. I checked the BMWUSA website and it still shows "production ended" but the phone # says "in transit". Has anyone else had this happen? Is there anything that can be done?

I miss my baby. :cry: (Thanks for listening and advice!)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,760 Posts
Drop-offs outside of Germany can be delayed compared to this done in Germany. That has been discussed many times.

The key question is, how long has it been at the port, not how long has it been in Europe.

It could have taken 2+ weeks until it got to the port, for example.

Contact the drop-off agency and ask when it left.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The unfortunate side-effect of not dropping off at one of the main shipping sites :(

It might be silly, but taking a day-trip from Zurich to Munich would save 2 weeks shipping time. Yes, these are things I consider when planning my ED. No, I don't tell my wife ;)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I dropped my car off in Munich in July and it took exactly four weeks before it made it onto a ship and 8 weeks to get to the PCD pickup. Another person dropped his car off in Paris and it made it onto the same ship in two weeks - and he complained bitterly about how long it took his car to get on board. It seems to be a crap shoot how long it takes from drop-off to shipboard. You would think that dropping it off in Munich would always be a winner, but no!

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
If I could throw in here...

I know the wait is painful but it will all be worth it when she (assuming your car is a she) arrives. It is better than Christmas, your birthday, and New Years all wrapped into one.

Not sure there is much you can do besides wait at this point, so try to keep positive.

=)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.