BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the xiT in today to have tint put on (35%). Now two days of no windows down and hope all the little residual water pockets dry up with no complications.:)

Estimated HP gain ~ 15:bigpimp:

Before

After

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Looks good FOR A WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGON!

lol! Bastige, I wanted tinted windows...had my wife not gone to her convention last week, had I not planned on going to my convention next week, had I not painted the house, had I not bought a swimming pool....had I not....oh hell, my priorities are all messed up! ;)

Looking good!

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ripsnort said:
Looks good FOR A WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGON!

lol! Bastige, I wanted tinted windows...had my wife not gone to her convention last week, had I not planned on going to my convention next week, had I not painted the house, had I not bought a swimming pool....had I not....oh hell, my priorities are all messed up! ;)

Looking good!
:lmao:

This is actually the only thing my wife has ok'ed:confused:

I didn't tell the guy to do the fronts (shhh they are not 100% legal here in PA) but he comped them and said he didn't think I'd have any problems since it's a wagon, not too dark in appearance, yada yada yada.......If questioned he'll remove FOC:)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ack said:
Looks good! At night, I'm sure it's very difficult to see in the car, especially if the car is not parked under any streetlights. :thumbup:
Thanks for the comment.:p

Most nights it will be tucked safe away in my garage but when out on the town that will be a good thing:thumbup:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
You call that tint ?? ? Let me show you what tinted windows look like

heh heh . . . just teasing bro, your car looks great. What took you so long to have them done ?

·
superwagon pilot
'17 991.2C, '19 e450 wagon, 11 135iC, 09 x3
1,403 Posts
PM 325xiT said:
Took the xiT in today to have tint put on (35%). Now two days of no windows down and hope all the little residual water pockets dry up with no complications.:)

Estimated HP gain ~ 15:bigpimp:

Looks great. Now all you need is an M-technik front bumper, and some style 42 wheels then she'd be almost as pretty as she would be if she had a real trunk.:lmao:
Just kidding, it does look good.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alan F said:
You call that tint ?? ? Let me show you what tinted windows look like

heh heh . . . just teasing bro, your car looks great. What took you so long to have them done ?
It must be an optical illusion since your car is darker:dunno:

I had to wait 3 weeks for the guy to have an open time:( I thought about going 20% in the back but my instinct and the installer's opinion kept it at 35.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: Fresh tint job

Josh (PA) said:

Looks great. Now all you need is an M-technik front bumper, and some style 42 wheels then she'd be almost as pretty as she would be if she had a real trunk.:lmao:
Just kidding, it does look good.
No body kit for me.............at least for now:D Who needs a trunk:dunno: I guess you didn't see my wheel barrel trick:p

Attachments

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

It must be an optical illusion since your car is darker:dunno:

I had to wait 3 weeks for the guy to have an open time:( I thought about going 20% in the back but my instinct and the installer's opinion kept it at 35.
My tint is 20% on all windows plus the black interior makes it look even darker.

I had a white car with beige interior and with the 20% tint it looked lighter . . .

Next time around I am going to go with 35% all around . . . I've had the gangster 20% look on all my cars since the late 80's and I'm getting a little tired of it.

·
5,820 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Fresh tint job

PM 325xiT said:

No body kit for me.............at least for now:D Who needs a trunk:dunno: I guess you didn't see my wheel barrel trick:p
Do you have the privacy shade and vertical net that separates the cargo area? Ever use it?

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Alan F said:

My tint is 20% on all windows plus the black interior makes it look even darker.

I had a white car with beige interior and with the 20% tint it looked lighter . . .

Next time around I am going to go with 35% all around . . . I've had the gangster 20% look on all my cars since the late 80's and I'm getting a little tired of it.
I like the gangster look :bigpimp:, the guy doing my tint wanted me to do 5 percent, not lighter PM :dunno: looks good btw

I like tint on white too :angel:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Fresh tint job

johnlew said:

Do you have the privacy shade and vertical net that separates the cargo area? Ever use it?
I use the shade regularly but have only tested the net. I've only loaded the back up with more than golf clubs a couple of times.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CCs328Ci said:

I like the gangster look :bigpimp:, the guy doing my tint wanted me to do 5 percent, not lighter PM :dunno: looks good btw

The tint looks great on yours:thumbup:

For the summer I would like the 20 but I thought 35 would serve as a better year round use:dunno:

Alan F ~ ganster look :eek: I figured as much from an Insurance guy;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Looks good Phil.

Why don't they make between 20 and 35?!?!?!

I had 20 all around on my 93 Probe for 2 weeks, then some red headed pencild... (lets not go there) cop pulled me over getting up onto the highway leaving hummelstown......

"Uhh son do you know that your license plate has a dark cover on it" I said yes office I put it there. "Well thats illegal, because I can't read your license plate number" Which was perfectly clean and visible because I don't leave my cars dirty (ever).

Well with a screwdriver he provided I removed the cover...and then he goes, "Remove that tint too by the next time I see you or I'll make you tear it off right in front of me"

Some cops need to get a life...... Im far from a gangster or willing to run from the cops so they don't see my license plate number.....

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
CCs328Ci said:

Hey CC, you must know someone in an inspection shop. :dunno: I wanted to to 20% but chose not to risk it... :(

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Chris330ci said:

Hey CC, you must know someone in an inspection shop. :dunno: I wanted to to 20% but chose not to risk it... :(
Yea I do, so hopefully he will still get me one.... but this time I got 35 percent on mine... it looks dark maybe because I have black interior.. I have had 5% before..its to black... I wish I got 20%, but I didnt :(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.