BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ridin' the wingless plane
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've got a friend that's buying a 530i within the next couple days, and he was asking me what to look out for. After doing a search, it seems the big one is vacuum system. Any others to look out for?

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*bump*

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Just make sure he checks the service record of the car is the biggest thing. Too many trips in for odd stuff I'd find another car. Pretty much if its been solid chances are it will remain solid. Been a shop whore it will continue to be a shop whore.

Electrical/software issues has been the main issues with the first run of the 530's (I take it your looking at 2004+). But as long as the software has been updated during that time you should be fine.

Listen for any ticking sounds at rest or under harder acceleration. Few issues with valves have come up.

As with most Bimmers make sure there is no wheel vibrations at various speeds and while stopping from various speeds.

Find a CPO would be my last bit of advice. May pay a little more but all the above issues would be a moot point.

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Sorry, I should've specified before, but it's a 2006.

·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. Thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.