BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

FRM Module

3173 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  thundershine
Hi , my BMW x1 ,is attacked by a Rodent and it cut the wires, but it was running fine i had only having warning lights on Water Level and A/C. After correcting the issue at the garage then the headlight turned on and windows and indicators not working.

They said the FRM is fried, they said that they have fixed the wires but somehow it got fried, I m now planning to buy a used FRM since it doest need programming, How do i know the cables are fine and no short-circuit is presented in the vehicle. How come the FRM fried!

Please advice.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
FRM Module Failure

i , my BMW x1 ,is attacked by a Rodent and it cut the wires, but it was running fine i had only having warning lights on Water Level and A/C. After correcting the issue at the garage then the headlight turned on and windows and indicators not working.

They said the FRM is fried, they said that they have fixed the wires but somehow it got fried, I m now planning to buy a used FRM since it doest need programming, How do i know the cables are fine and no short-circuit is presented in the vehicle. How come the FRM fried! Should i buy a new one or old one! Confused.

Please advice.
:bawling:
Where did you read that a FRM does not need coding? That is false.

A FRM module needs VIN and VO coded to it and at the very least, needs to be defaulted according to the VO.

Use a multimeter to ohm out all the wires to make sure they are not shorted against each or to the chassis (ground).
Hi , my BMW x1 ,is attacked by a Rodent and it cut the wires, but it was running fine i had only having warning lights on Water Level and A/C. After correcting the issue at the garage then the headlight turned on and windows and indicators not working.

They said the FRM is fried, they said that they have fixed the wires but somehow it got fried, I m now planning to buy a used FRM since it doest need programming, How do i know the cables are fine and no short-circuit is presented in the vehicle. How come the FRM fried!

Please advice.
Oh Than

The Product Code is 6135 9249080-01
and E87 basis FRMIII R PL2

Can i buy any FRM Device which shows FRM III R PL2 ( can i ignore the part number) if i go for a used device!
Does the Bosch Software can code the FRM Module

Pls reply
Shine
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.