BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 08 550i and it got hit last night at the store. Lucky for me the person was waiting for me to come out. Its going to need a new front bumper cover and maybe a parking sensor. My question is can I or should I get a M5 front bumper. will it even fit? I have read that it will fit and that it won't. Feel free to share and pictures. Going in for estimates on Tuesday morning.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 08 550i and it got hit last night at the store. Lucky for me the person was waiting for me to come out. Its going to need a new front bumper cover and maybe a parking sensor. My question is can I or should I get a M5 front bumper. will it even fit? I have read that it will fit and that it won't. Feel free to share and pictures. Going in for estimates on Tuesday morning.

Thanks in advance!
I have an 08 front bumper sitting in my garage if you want an OEM replacement for a decent price. It's from a 535, non sport model. I don't know if it's an exact fit, but it should be. It would just need to have the paint stripped and then be re-painted to match your car. There are no scratches or abrasions on it.

I replaced mine with an aftermarket M5Tech bumper cover -- see picture below. After paint and installation, it should be around $800. Several companies make them. I got mine from Umnitza.

The true M5 front bumper won't fit as far as I know. You could buy an OEM MSport bumper and retrofit kit from a dealer. When I last did a cost run on it, it was more than $3,000 without paint and installation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That bumper looks great but I don't see the 4 parking distance sensors in your new bumper? Do you have the PDC option in your car? I am going to make sure when I get the estimates tomorrow they price an genuine BMW replacement. I am confident an aftermarket will be less. I just want to find one that looks a bit more aggressive than stock.

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
That bumper looks great but I don't see the 4 parking distance sensors in your new bumper? Do you have the PDC option in your car? I am going to make sure when I get the estimates tomorrow they price an genuine BMW replacement. I am confident an aftermarket will be less. I just want to find one that looks a bit more aggressive than stock.
We do offer the front bumper and can pre-drill it for you to reuse your sensors and brackets on the back.
OEM bumpers are going to run a little bit more on average.

Give us a call tomorrow 877 486 6489

·
Registered
240 Posts
I do not have the PDC option on my car. It is available from Umnitza, though, as he said above. I had a good experience buying from them, for what it's worth. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies Guys! I got the estimates today so when I get paid from the guy that hit me I will be ordering the bumper from Umnitza. Thanks for all the info!

Do you have different bulbs in your fog lights? They look very bright!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Umnitza....I tried calling to get this stuff coming but I was on hold for close to an hour. Is there a better time to call to get some info about your products?

Best color changing angel eye bulbs and HID fogs, to go with this new bumper?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts