BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My auxillary fan is not working. Fuses checked, relays checked, fan switch checked, connections checked. I have ordered the new fan from Autohauz and plan to do the installation myself. I have not noted this in the Bentley manual or DIY info in this forum, but is there concern for triggering the airbags if your working on the front bumper?

·
Rambling Wreck
2,073 Posts
The only way to trigger the airbags when working on the front bumper is if someone crashes their car into the front of yours. :)

Seriously, though, I've taken my car's front bumper off at least three times so far. In fact, I've got it off the car right now to install a Stebel horn. Removing the bumper is pretty easy - 8mm hex screws in each wheel well, more 8mm hex screws on the underside on either side, three plastic rivets along the bottom leading edge, seven captive Philips screws for the plastic underpanel, and the two long bolts that hold the bumper carrier to the impact absorbers.

You might need a reverse Torx socket to undo those two long bolts. If you haven't already done so, shine a light up into the holes in the bumper to see what kind of socket you'll need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts