Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

one of the front bumper cameras stopped working, we've had a lot of rain recently i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone else experience similar issues? Anyone know an easy fix? I imagine this item is out of warrant and costs $$$ to fix.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Hey everyone,

one of the front bumper cameras stopped working, we've had a lot of rain recently i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone else experience similar issues? Anyone know an easy fix? I imagine this item is out of warrant and costs $$$ to fix.

Thanks!
It depends on what the problem is. The camera itself is not to expensive (you can pull up the 11 digit BMW part nbr in one of the online part databases sites, then google the part nbr "BMW xx xx x xxx xxx" to find examples of new/used cameras being sold).

If the issue is the harness...then you're looking at a bigger issue of replacing and running it from the camera to the control module etc.

Here's some info from the TIS website that may help you understand the camera:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Check the camera connection on the bumper and if there water ingress, you'll need to replace that camera. If corroded, you'll need to run a new line as well and it's not hard to do. Just zip tie to harness and drill into the rubber boot on the fire wall and run that line under the rug back to the trunk. Dont forget to rtv your rubber boot and then you just need to get it calibrated with a BMW tool.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the camera connection on the bumper and if there water ingress, you'll need to replace that camera. If corroded, you'll need to run a new line as well and it's not hard to do. Just zip tie to harness and drill into the rubber boot on the fire wall and run that line under the rug back to the trunk. Dont forget to rtv your rubber boot and then you just need to get it calibrated with a BMW tool.
Thank you !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts