BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up fellow bimmer enthusiasts. I've been on this great forum for over a year now, reading and learning a lot. Recently after my 'service engine soon' light came on, I took it to get it serviced. The mechanic, recommended by some here, gave me an estimate of $450, with labor, to replace my front CABs. Is this a fair price for such a job?

Thank you in advanced for any help.
JerseyBimmer

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
What's up fellow bimmer enthusiasts. I've been on this great forum for over a year now, reading and learning a lot. Recently after my 'service engine soon' light came on, I took it to get it serviced. The mechanic, recommended by some here, gave me an estimate of $450, with labor, to replace my front CABs. Is this a fair price for such a job?

Thank you in advanced for any help.
JerseyBimmer
Depends on if you can do it yourself or not. I say no, but I am a DIY'er and did mine in 2 hours in my driveway. Only cost me $125 for new powerflex bushings (get some) and new carriers. That way I could just cut the old one's off and not have to worry with it.

If you can't do it yourself, then I'd say that is still a little high. Local indy here charges $250 for CAB's.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
126 Posts
I paid a little less than $250, installed, for aftermarket bushes(not Powerflex; can't remember the brand right now). If I recall, the dealer was estimating about $300, installed, for OEM parts.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
I paid a little less than $250, installed, for aftermarket bushes(not Powerflex; can't remember the brand right now). If I recall, the dealer was estimating about $300, installed, for OEM parts.
They are called BUSHINGS.....

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
thank you, oh great enforcer of the Queen's English on the 'Fest.

I was just trying to be cool, using the lingo/slang of the OP.
And I was joking around, oh great enforcer of being over sensitive....:bow:

·
Registered
2 Posts
After taking my car in to have it rekeyed after it was broken into I was told my CABs needed replacing and that this item is not covered under warranty. I was quoted $527 to have them replaced....OUCH! I've seen on here that a couple of people have had theirs replaced under warranty. My question is how can BMW advertise that no out of pocket money for 4yrs/50k when that's not TRUE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts