BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get the front cup holder out and it seems to be stuck:mad: in the centre by a piece of plastic. Has anyone removed these without breaking them? If so can you tell me what to do?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm sure there are some tabs holding it in that you actually do have to break. I know I did on mine when I replaced it. I don't think you can take it out without breaking them. $40 for a new one....

·
Registered
45 Posts
did you take the two screws out, if you did already get it out as far as you can and push down, the top cover of the cup holer module thing comes up so if you push down it will come out, i just did that like a day ago to do my little project.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If it's stuck closed, count your blessings and leave it alone. Mine was broken and stuck open. I closed it by wedging a toothpick in it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got it

Chivas sent me a note on how to do it without breaking anything. The trick is that there is a lip running the length of the cup holder at the top which stops it from coming out. I found that I was able to push it down by using my finger through the open cupholder. Then I managed to lose one of the screws went I was driving around before putting the cupholder back in place. Arrgghh. I placed the screws in the area right beside the lighter but must having driving a bit too fast as when I returned home only one screw remained. I looked everywhere and am assuming that it must have found its way into the open area where the cupholder was. Amazing! Try to keep things in tip top order and end up breaking more than gets fixed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts