BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible that one of the front disk plate is bad and causing the vibration in my car on acceleration ?? braking does not make the steering wheel shake though....
The tire rods were changed, one of the control arm was changed, the guibo was changed, the coils and plugs were changed, the tires were changed and balanced, and finally alignment was done on my E90....but vibration still exists....
I am glad that I did not replaced the coils and plugs at the dealer because according to them that was the problem.....:cry:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Usually a bad brake rotor will cause a pulsating brake pedal or a vibration in the steering wheel or both. Check the run out of the discs with a dial indicator to know for sure.

Also inspect other front suspension components for flex or wear. Look for cracked rubber parts, rusted inner sleeves or movement in joints.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vibration is severe sometimes that makes people in the car beg to stop it, and the only way to ease it or stop it is to remove my foot off the gas pedal. The steering wheel does not vibrate .The dealer had performed alignment last week and some parts of the suspensions were replaced a month ago. The dealer said it was coils and plugs at fault so I ordered the parts online from autohausAZ OEM and replaced them but the problem had not changed a bit....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes. I actually had an occurrence where brand new rotors were installed and unfortunately I had to make an emergency stop (idiot cut in front of me) during the rotor / pad break-in period. This resulted in my rotors being “warped” and needing to be replaced. I had severe pulsing and vibrations afterwards. Fortunately (1) I didn’t crash my car and (2) had the parts replaced free of charge since I purchased them from FCP Euro.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

1 - 4 of 4 Posts