BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new emblem on the front of my Z. It seems loose a little. I found it strange because it is a genuine BMW part. Anyone else experience this?

·
tire consumer
555 Posts
I found mine to be exactly the opposite. Almost too tight of a fit to put on.

I guess the tolerances are not that strict.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I put a new emblem on the front of my Z. It seems loose a little. I found it strange because it is a genuine BMW part. Anyone else experience this?
I replaced mine with an aftermarket (although it had BMW numbers and emblem on the back) and it also did not lay flat--I worked a little "goop" adhesive under it and it is fine now..:thumbup:

·
tire consumer
555 Posts
I replaced mine with an aftermarket (although it had BMW numbers and emblem on the back) and it also did not lay flat--I worked a little "goop" adhesive under it and it is fine now..:thumbup:
So you're hoping to never have to replace it again, I take it? I would never put adhesive on my paint, but that's a non-professional opinion.

To the OP, perhaps try the following.

1. Make sure it is pressed on fully. The thickness at the top of the pins can require some pressure to make it sit flush.
2. If still loose, perhaps bulk up the pins by wrapping them in a layer of shrinkwrap tape or the like. Something that won't hold water, obviously, until you get the needed thickness.

(This is all assuming that the loose fit is coming from the pins.)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Or you could purchase some double sided sticky soam tape and put it on like the sides, I don't know if the front one has foam tape or not, but I do know the sides have it.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
To prevent the new emblem from being loose, replace the 2 rubber grommets it fits into. To get it to sit flat, apply a smear of soap solution to the pins when pushing into the new grommets.

·
Registered
806 Posts
So you're hoping to never have to replace it again, I take it? I would never put adhesive on my paint, but that's a non-professional opinion.
Just use a small drop---it removes from a painted surface like the mounting tape--no harm--great stuff...:thumbup:

·
tire consumer
555 Posts
Or you could purchase some double sided sticky soam tape and put it on like the sides, I don't know if the front one has foam tape or not, but I do know the sides have it.
Mine didn't, neither old nor new. Just the two pins.

Just use a small drop---it removes from a painted surface like the mounting tape--no harm--great stuff...:thumbup:
Gotcha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts