BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, a little search and destroy advice is needed. I replaced the thrust arms, outer tie rod ends and lower control arms in the front of '99 528i this weekend. All the ball joints and bushings were shot. Last year I had replaced the struts and strut mounts, as well as the sway bar link. All this was to find and kill with prejudice an annoying thunking noise coming from the right front of my car whenever I went over anything thicker than dried bubble gum. The steering response after this weekend's work is amazing, but now the thunk is louder. I assume this is because everything is tighter. But I cannot figure out what could be causing it. I can only assume the strut mount I put in last year must be defective or that the strut spring is not seated properly.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It would appear that my alter ego, the mechanic wannabe, left the strut tower bolt a bit loose. Loose as in you could take it off with your fingers. :tsk: Toe set by Firestone, nuts tight and she handles like a dream!:rofl:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.