BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe only the front wheels shake when trying to brake fast but doesnt feel very safe. Whats more common in these cars to go bad? Rotors? Calipers? Control arms?
4.4 with 120k miles

·
Registered
826 Posts
i got it myself
changed the calipers
cut the rotors
went away

had chain guide failure
sat for months
once fixed
it came back

in my case i think its the arms (bushings)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to change rotors, pads and sensors but the brakes are still good so maybe ill just machine the rotors. What did you mean by cut?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Rotors are in my opinion are inexpensive and a lot of times after "cutting" the rotors they end up warping anyways.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided to order the whole brake kit. Is there anything I need to do before i change the brake sensors?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I decided to order the whole brake kit. Is there anything I need to do before i change the brake sensors?
Change the brake pads if you are changing them. Best brake job is replacement of rotors and pads. Sensor doesn't need to be changed if it hasn't been worn enough to light up the brake warning light. If it has, a new sensor is required. They clip to one of the pads.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If you need to change the sensor, you change the pads first. If you are doing a brake job before the sensor has warn to the point that it turns on the brake warning light you don't need to change the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts