BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my car today and proceeded to apply some Z2. All went well, except for my front fascia. Parts of it felt very rough while I was applying the Z2 - almost like it was made of paper. After applying the Zaino (with ZFX) I went about remove it. The rough portions were extremely stubborn, and I think there's still some Zaino stuck to them. :mad: It looks pretty hazy and it feels like cardboard or paper, instead of smooth paint. What's going on here? Grrrrr.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...anybody?

·
Jegshemash, I like you!
1,236 Posts
get yourself a clay bar

It may be a good idea to get yourself a clay bar and do the front fascia with it. the clay bar while make the paint smooth as a baby's bottom by removing all the harmful contaminants that make your paint feel rough like cardboard or sandpaper. Then re-apply the Zaino as you normally would.. Clay Bar will always do the trick!:thumbup:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used my Zaino clay bar on the affected areas yesterday. Took care of most of the problem. Hooray! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.