1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Noone Special
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I am replacing the front lower control arms, balljoints, bushing in my 02 325xi. I found this
http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-ex...Bushings+&+Ball+Joints+2001-2005+(Aftermarket)
but does not list who makes it. Any thoughts and opinions on the set? Anyoine knowing other sets that are not priced at dealer prices??
I would stick with oem branded suspension parts on the XI models, But that is just my opinion. The aftermarket arms that we have seen offered for the XI models were very poor quality .

Max

·
finally have one
21 Posts
I am wondering about this too but for an '04 325i Just got new tires and when doing the alignment they said I need control arm bushings, I took it to another independent and they said I need the whole setup of bushings, control arms and ball joints. Quoted me parts and labor of $829 to fix it. They said they use OEM parts, when I asked about bringing in my own parts the said they couldn't guarantee the work. Is it worth the risk for the non-OEM parts?

·
Noone Special
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$829 seems really cheap if they are using real bmw parts. I had a friend price out the parts at his bmw dealership, with his empolyee discount (supposely 10% over cost) the parts were almost $700 dollars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.