BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a set of front mud flaps for my 2k Z3, does any one has detailed instructions on how to install them? I'm having difuculty understanding how the clips will go on the flaps, just got a new paint job on it and would like to get this instaled before driving around.

Thanks,

Tony:dunno:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Where did you buy them? OEM's either screwed or double sided taped to the wheel well liner.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The're OEM's part #82 16 9 405 191 came with double sided tape, clips and screws. The positioning of the clips is what I can't figure out.

Tony

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
postalZ3 said:
I just purchased a set of front mud flaps for my 2k Z3, does any one has detailed instructions on how to install them? I'm having difuculty understanding how the clips will go on the flaps, just got a new paint job on it and would like to get this instaled before driving around.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got the mudflaps on. All when well, next question, since I just got the car painted (will post pictures later) should I go ahead and apply the magnetic stone guards now? would that harm the new paint job?

Tony

·
hardtop potentate
479 Posts
postalZ3 said:
Finally got the mudflaps on. All when well, next question, since I just got the car painted (will post pictures later) should I go ahead and apply the magnetic stone guards now? would that harm the new paint job?

Tony
They've harmed my old paint job. Don't know if it was road salt or just moisture underneath the guards, but the paint is worn-looking where they are positioned.:eek: It seems to me that the guards are a high-maintenance item if you want your paint to stay pristine.

·
hardtop potentate
479 Posts
postalZ3 said:
I'm having difuculty understanding how the clips will go on the flaps...Thanks,

Same problem. I never did get those clips installed. Just screwed the flaps on and left it at that.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply, I'll put the stone guards on hold for now, the front flaps will hopefully offer some protection. Thanks to all for your input.

Tony

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
The Xpel kit for the rear fenders works well and is one of the easier pieces to apply. Also one of the less conspicuous areas to apply it. That's what I have on my car now, I got tired of the work required to use the magnetics. The front mudflaps won't prevent damage to the front of the rear fenders; I had the front mudflaps on very early but still have a decent amount of paint chips on the front of the rear fenders from the times I drove the car without other protection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts