BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made it over the initial hurdle sorting out my 535xi 6mt and have put 8k miles trouble free (almost) and commuting 400 miles/week with it so fingers crossed. Although it is far from perfect so I might start checking off some of the simple things I'd like to address and hopefully be on track to a 100% perfect car someday.

I had been under the car so often in the beginning I didn't put the belly covers back on and one morning a metal debris flew off a truck in front of me, hit my bumper, and went underneath my car. It sliced a power steering hose and I fixed it with flex tape and many hose clamps in the parking lot. I actually drove like this for a few days until the replacement came in and it didn't leak at all. Not making that mistake again, they are there for a reason!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Synthetic rubber Automotive design

Also before I started commuting every week I did rotors and brakes all around. Nice to see some shiny metal for a period.
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Rim Bicycle part Motor vehicle

Anyway the reason I am writing here now is because the front suspension is an inch or so higher than the rear which aesthetically drives me nuts. I already replaced the front suspension with all OEM parts although the height was different even before this. I replaced everything except for the springs.

Any ideas before I throw money at parts? Maybe springs, bags, strut mounts?

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
make sure both shocks are in good condition and the coil springs are mounted/aligned correctly and shocks have been installed at correct position. your car does seem to sit a bit high. maybe because its an xi ???
I'll check the others. The struts bottom out on a lip on the wheel carrier piece. Can I simply raise the rear struts? Maybe when I go in for an alignment if I ever get around to replacing the steering rack which has a tiny leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts