BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,
I got new front shocks, coils, engine mount and strut yesterday. My car is ridiculous high in the front like 2 inch too much over normal. I know it has to set. But tbh nothing is happening anymore. It did set some yday.
Could they have put the wrong set or something isn't sitting right or something else maybe.
It's a 2011 bmw 328xi coupe btw.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What struts did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idk to be honest. It's what they had told me they put in (a whole new set) coz my old ones were worn out and did knock noises. The new ones are original parts. So how can the car look like this now? Btw I haven't done the wheel alignment yet, could that help lower it a bit more

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Alignment won't change it. Did you have original suspension for sure? Original stock, or original sport?

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Okay I just checked what they put in there nothing original. It's bilstein for a base 328xi not a coupe m sports pack. I think those are just wrong and too long?
I think xDrive comes with base suspension regardless of package. But not sure for E92. I know on E90 package doesn’t matter when it comes to suspension with xDrive.
Check manufacturers numbers on Rock Auto. They should have Bilstein.
Also, which Bilstein they put? B4, 6 or 8?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think xDrive comes with base suspension regardless of package. But not sure for E92. I know on E90 package doesn’t matter when it comes to suspension with xDrive.
Check manufacturers numbers on Rock Auto. They should have Bilstein.
Also, which Bilstein they put? B4, 6 or 8?

Unfortunately they threw the old ones out I can't check the original numbers anymore. I've had an E36 m sports pack his front struts and springs were shorter. So I'm kinda assuming bmw sticked to this not sure though.
Those are Bilstein B4's in my car now. Still sitting high -.-.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info with rock auto. They literally have the right strut/spring set for a coupe. No bilsteins tho. I guess I have to head to bmw tmrw. To let them check by the numbers. And if they are wrong that shop has to fix the problem (hopefully)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turns out now that my front wheels getting blocked by something I assume the brakes (which are new). And making squeak noises the whole time. None of this was before the strut replacement. Tmrw they are open im livid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts