BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew a front speaker I just have the regular "BMW professional" system in my 08 335xi sport/premium I was wondering what direct drop in upgrades there might be and if anyone has any experience, the stock system sounds pretty damn good but I dunno if I should put upgrades in or just stick with OEM since its decent........ Thanks!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I thought the stereo was lacking on my car when I first bought it. Not bad, not great. I was contemplating putting in replacement speakers from BavSound. But, what it really needed was a little EQ. This is gonna sound cheesy but changing the EQ settings on my iPhone from None to Rock brought the whole system to life - sounds pretty decent now. I was incredibly surprised.

·
Road Whore
26 Posts
I changed out my stock speakers a couple of years ago with the kit from BavSound. I couldn't be happier, it was a night and day difference. I also have the "BMW professional" system. I'll add that after I installed the speakers that I wasn't that impressed but they sounded better after they'd been in there awhile.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
MB quart just released a plug and play system that is not too expensive

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
These are cheap but can your stock system

These are cheap but can your stock system
drive them.
http://www.vminnovations.com/Produc...ZW0ZzUULLxysRxcRuC_J_A-ZDzjZ6w22F8RoCUAvw_wcB

There are many three way kits like the above for BMW's now most of them are in the 500 dollar plus range
and require aftermarket amps for the power to make them sing as intended.

Since there are three different common BMW audio system all with varrying degrees of power you have to
know which one you have before you can tell what's going to happen when you install them.
The above speakers should work with the L7 system the results will be less with the Hi Fi or base system .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.