BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 525I needs new front Tension strut bushings but I see many different brands available on line, so which is the preferred one ?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My 08 525I needs new front Tension strut bushings but I see many different brands available on line, so which is the preferred one ?
The one at the best price and availability. Lemforder and TRW are the OE suppliers but the others are perfectly fine. If you have access to a hydraulic press, the hydro bearing can be replaced and you reuse the original arm.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one at the best price and availability. Lemforder and TRW are the OE suppliers but the others are perfectly fine. If you have access to a hydraulic press, the hydro bearing can be replaced and you reuse the original arm.
Meyle and Lemforder brands are available from my local parts supplier with the Lemforder costing approx. 20 % more that the Meyle. Does the difference in costs represent a better quality bushing ?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Meyle and Lemforder brands are available from my local parts supplier with the Lemforder costing approx. 20 % more that the Meyle. Does the difference in costs represent a better quality bushing ?
Hard to say. It's more a question of how long you plan on keeping the car, what sort of mileage you have on the vehicle, etc. The Meyle will certainly do the job. I can't answer if the Lemforder is worth the premium in this case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts