BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got upclose and personal with the limited edition frozen gray. All I'll say is, it's definitely not my style. The interior is nice with the 2 tone seats but the exterior is :thumbdwn:. One thing I really like about the ///M3 is totally missing with this car. The lines are totally gone. You can't see any real beauty on the frozen gray. Anyone in the Houston area, if you hurry you can see it at Momentum SW...the customer has not picked it up yet and it's sitting on the showroom floor. I've also included 4 photos I took with my crackberry.......enjoy.........Phil

Attachments

·
Officially Contaminated
3,052 Posts
I got upclose and personal with the limited edition frozen gray. All I'll say is, it's definitely not my style. The interior is nice with the 2 tone seats but the exterior is :thumbdwn:. One thing I really like about the ///M3 is totally missing with this car. The lines are totally gone. You can't see any real beauty on the frozen gray. Anyone in the Houston area, if you hurry you can see it at Momentum SW...the customer has not picked it up yet and it's sitting on the showroom floor. I've also included 4 photos I took with my crackberry.......enjoy.........Phil
Meh. I agree. If nothing else it's an interesting story to have in your back pocket.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
I wonder how you are supposed to maintain the finish on that paint, and how long it will last without starting to show shiny rub spots and scratches?

I read somewhere that you're not supposed to wax or polish that paint, and if that's true, then how would you protect it or safely remove road grime and all the other crap that gets on paint?

I wouldn't want to mess with it, even if it did look good! :thumbdwn:

·
Premium Member
15,712 Posts
I wonder how you are supposed to maintain the finish on that paint, and how long it will last without starting to show shiny rub spots and scratches?

I read somewhere that you're not supposed to wax or polish that paint, and if that's true, then how would you protect it or safely remove road grime and all the other crap that gets on paint?

I wouldn't want to mess with it, even if it did look good! :thumbdwn:
That is correct, before BMW would ship the 30 Frozen gray M3s to their new owners they had to sign a paint wavier. Check it out - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467668

Tim

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't like it. It looks like a primer coat to me. Why pay extra for something like that? Just get regular Space Gray and take a Brillo pad to it and rough it up to dull the finish, then you have Frozen Gray.

·
Noone Special
684 Posts
Just saw thew frozen gray in person, I do like the flat finish, but would of rather it been a flat black. The surface of the paint also felt slightly wierd and extremely smooth. I have to say over all I did like it.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
ohhh frozen grey is not my idea of ideal either.:dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.