BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 328i 2008 convertible and paid extra for Blue Tooth compatability. I was quite shocked and surprised to learn that there are only two phones with my carrier (Verizon) that their car will 'talk to'. One is very not well rated by consumers and the other is OK-but I feel I have no other option.

When I called BMW they seemed oblivious to the fact that only 2 phones work with their (ineffecient) bluetooth product. In fact, they asked ME to share the website that showed compatible phones as they did not know themselves. I'm sorry, but I have to believe that the phone compatable list is far more extensive than the 2 they give on their website as there are tens of thousands of BMW drivers out their with my car! My dealership in Atlanta (Global Imports in Marietta, Ga ) has been less then stellar in helping me work this out!

I welcome feedback on other Verizon phones that work with my 2008 convertible 2008 328i.
I may find out there are none...in which case, I then know what I need to do!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a 08 528i my Verizon Blackberry 8830 works great. If it isn't on the compatability list it doesn't mean it wont work, I believe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
recently purch '08 335i conv; there are many phones that are compatible with it; my agent programmed my instantly into it when I picked the car up; I hv AT&T tho and a razor; my hubby has a nokia and it worked as well....but there are many many phones that do work; I'm not familiar tho with Verizon...or their svc

·
Its Here!
358 Posts
Have you tried syncing the phone yet? According to BMW's recommended website for auto/phone connectivity (http://www.wireless4bmw.com/phones2.html) there are at least 10 current model compatible phones that Verizon offers....2 Blackberries, 5 Motorolas and 3 LGs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts