17,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 BMW 330i
44,xxx miles

Black/sand leatherette
5-speed
Sport package (revised steering rack)
M68 wheels
Cold weather package (heated seats, ski bag, headlamp washers)
Rear fold-down seats
Xenon lights
Power front seats (driver memory)
Sunroof
HK stereo with in-dash CD
Leatherette (looks pretty good after 6 years; I'm now *certain* I made the right decision way back then!)
Myrtle wood trim
M-steering wheel (much thicker rim--both functional and aestetic improvement over stock)
4 new Kumho Ecsta ASX tires (3/07; less than 1k miles)
New starter (6/07)
New battery (7/07)
All four window regulators replaced at some point during the past few years
Acquired new from Passport BMW in 5/2001
Never been smoked in
I can't find the sticker, but I think that's all the options I have on it.

The car is in good-excellent shape for a 6 year old vehicle and has been regularly maintained. I'm not one of those nuts that Zaino's it every weekend, but it has been regularly garaged (both at home and at work) until April, at which point it's been relegated to the street mostly while parked at home. I haven't run a carfax (it's clean--never been in any sort of accident, not even a minor fender-bender), but you're certainly welcome to. You can also have pre-purchase inspection performed locally at your expense if you're so inclined.

I've just run NADA, KBB, and Carfax, and it seems like I can aggressively price it to sell quickly at $17k, so that's what we'll go with.

I'm having it detailed on Friday and will make pics available upon request after that. The car is located in Northern Virginia (I obvously have the title in hand). I just picked up a new Boxster in April and after kept both cars for the past several months, I've simply realized I don't need the extra car after all, even though I hate to see it go. Hopefully someone will drive it a lot more than I'm able to. When my Boxster lease is up in 2 years, I'll prolly come back to fold with either a 135 or perhaps a 535.

:thumbup:

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
good luck. that's an excellent price for the car. will you be sticking around, at least for a while? :rolleyes:

I paid $20K for similar condition 2001 cic with 40K miles, with SP and PP for my daughter last Monday.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave and I do believe it's a very fair price. Mine's not a convert. of course, nor does it have PP, but after doing some research (and checking the local autotrader, classifieds, etc.), I think I've priced it to sell quickly.

As for sticking around, I suspect I will. This place is in my DNA. And besides, how would y'all ever manage to get along without moi?

good luck. that's an excellent price for the car. will you be sticking around, at least for a while? :rolleyes:

I paid $20K for similar condition 2001 cic with 40K miles, with SP and PP for my daughter last Monday.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Do you have pics?

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure why I can't edit my original post to include these pix, but oh well...

Attachments

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
Not sure why I can't edit my original post to include these pix, but oh well...
Did you replace the Ti trim in the SP package with myrtle wood? You have a later production run and I do, and you still had the Buick steering (which you got the dealer to change). You have power front seats. I prefer and have the manual adjust sports seats

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, I just ordered the myrtle wood trim with the SP. As you recall from the big hub-bub way back then, I did get them to retrofit my steering rack with the preferred one.

I actually like the power seats w/memory; why would you (or anyone) prefer manual seats unless you were tracking it and wanted to save weight, or maybe reduce the number of items that might break and require maintenance? (Kinda reminds me of my old man, RIP, who insisted he preferred manual windows and door locks up until his very last car, which had power everything). I actually thought my wife would drive my Bimmer more than she did, so the memory seats would have been good. All that being said, I don't think I'd have any issue whatsoever in getting a car with good manual seat adjustments (do the 5-series comfort seats come in manual?).

I've had 7 inquiries from my local Craigs List posting. Believe it or not, one guy wants to offer me MORE than my asking price.

Please note that I must be dyslexic. The car actually only has 43,xxx miles on it.

Did you replace the Ti trim in the SP package with myrtle wood? You have a later production run and I do, and you still had the Buick steering (which you got the dealer to change). You have power front seats. I prefer and have the manual adjust sports seats

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
I actually like the power seats w/memory; why would you (or anyone) prefer manual seats unless you were tracking it and wanted to save weight, or maybe reduce the number of items that might break and require maintenance?

Craigslist has spammers for valuable cars. It's not worth your time to play games with those guys. One spammer actually sent me 3 times the amount I asked (umpire eqpt) for in CVS money orders via Fed Express. Of course I played games with him just for fun. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184168&highlight=cvs

That's why I said I prefer manual seats. Single driver, less weight, extra overhead height, faster adjustment, no power motor to worry about crapping out on you and paying $$$$$$$$ to get it fixed. Once set, why would I want to change the setting? You prefer power seats, that's fine. Around Jan/Feb 2001 model year, power seats were standard once again, but early models, very slight window in their production, were not.

I also had the Buick steering retrofitted in May 2001. You probably agree that the steering feel was much more precise and less sensitive to road modulations.

When the M3 comes out I will consider it and other cars as well. The 330i will go to my infamous son. It will stay in the family just like the my 1989 325i that I sold to my brother. That car is dead now.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for your interest, but the car has been SOLD!!

($16,750 for anyone who's interested).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts