BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This car is showroom ready!!! In perfect condition! Not a mark or even a blemish inside or out! Garage kept under a custom cover and ONLY driven on nice days, so no rain or road salt/sand for this car!

The car has DCT which is just lightning quick! This is the 335is version with numerous //M badging! BMW upgraded the cooling system with an additional radiator and beefed up the engine mounts. Inside are standard sport seats, steel pedals, an M Sport steering wheel, and textured aluminum trim. The DCT system is identical to the one in the M3 and comes with steering-wheel-mounted paddle-type shifters. BMW added an aggressive M Sport body kit. The kit has a more aggressive front fascia that ditches the coupe s fog lamps in the interest of increased cooling capacity. A new rear bumper incorporates a diffuser-style piece, and the twin exhaust pipes are finished in matte black. On starting the engine, you'll detect a more noticeable hum from the new exhaust system (BMW Performance Exhaust !!!). Less-restrictive mufflers snarl menacingly and only get angrier once the throttle is matted and the revs rise!

The 335is gets 320 hp and 332 lb-ft torque from the twin-turbo 3.0-liter inline-six engine, and an overboost function allows for seven-second blasts of 370 lb-ft of torque.

Convenience Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Navigation, Lumbar Support, ABS brakes, Shadowline Exterior Trim, Auto-Dimming Mirrors, Digital Compass Mirror, M Steering Wheel, Online Information Services, Dakota Leather Upholstery, Heated Front Seats, Sport Steering Wheel with Paddles, and iPod/USB Adapter.

Huper Optik Tint ! (35%) and 3M Clearshield !

Link to my Autotrader Ad

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=296524076&dealer_id=66143919&car_year=2011&doors=&systime=&model=335I&search_lang=en&start_year=2010&body_style=COUPE&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&scarid=282479236&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=25&min_price=45000&drive=&rdm=1300579748250&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=2&transmission=&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&address=21050&color=&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&awsp=false&make=BMW&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=0&standard=false

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wow, why you selling so soon? Bump for a sweet car!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks! It really is a great car! It handles great, acceleration is unbelievable and it easily exceeded my expectations! :thumbup:

Love the car, hate the 100 mile commute in traffic! :thumbdwn: So I bought a 2002 330 Coupe for my DD. So having this car in the garage, under a cover and driving it only sparingly doesn't make sense to me.

So the car is in really great condition, you won't find a mark, ding or smug on it. Plus I added one of the best tints you can buy - Huper Optik! I also put on a clearshield after must debating and it's hard to even notice it's been applied!

The 335is seems to also be a rare car since I've yet to see another one in the Baltimore MD area.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see that many people have done some "window" shopping, but so far no real interest. I've dropped the price $1000, but I suspect there's just not many people in the market for a 335is.

·
Registered
684 Posts
You might look into consignment with a local BMW dealer. You'll probably get a lot more "traffic" and a potential buyer can handle everything (financing, etc) right there with the dealer. I'm not sure what the cost is, but just an idea. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've gotten quite a bit of looks on this board but that's about all. I'd be curious to know why.... 1) Not interested in a 335is, 2) Wrong color Exterior/Interior, 3) My location, 4) Price, 5) Other?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm a newb around here, but also curious why there seem to be a lot of is-es for sale... That is a very sweet ride, my man.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
if it were a 'vert i'd be all over it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I saw two other 335is for sale. One didn't want a garage queen and the other needs the money.

If it was a 'Vert then my wife would be all over it and I couldn't sell it! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had over 600 looks at my ad, but no real interest. The 335is is a rare car, maybe someday it will be a collector's car. Who knows! :dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
ya its nice to look at but today not so many people are lookingto purchase an expensive car, this is the beauty of bmw cars, I wish you luck on selling it patience is key!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think this is a good deal..not too crazy about the saddle brown though. GLWS, I will definitely consider this when I come back from my deployment in a few weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've gotten quite a bit of looks on this board but that's about all. I'd be curious to know why.... 1) Not interested in a 335is, 2) Wrong color Exterior/Interior, 3) My location, 4) Price, 5) Other?
I personally think its the price and market. The 335is and your 335is is a beautiful car. But for that price you can get some 08/09 M3s on the market. It going to be tuff in that market. I think if you want to get as much money as possible, that consignment with a dealer suggestion makes sense. But I think its gonna be hard to fine a private buyer to shell out 50k on a 335is in today's market. Just my 2 cents. GLWS. Beautiful car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
since you asked... i was just browsing and thought it sounded interesting. i have an 08 335i and 02 M3 so i'm kinda done buying for a little bit..

but i think a lot of ppl are probably looking for something really specific and when u are selling a decently pricey car it's hard to find someone who will pay what you're asking b/c most don't have the full appreciation for exactly what you have. sucks.

GLWS!

matt

·
Registered
51 Posts
100 mi commute, why does it only have 3k+ miles? What, you drove it for 6 weeks or so. This is a great color combo, you should ditch the 330 and enjoy life.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
since you asked... i was just browsing and thought it sounded interesting. i have an 08 335i and 02 M3 so i'm kinda done buying for a little bit..

but i think a lot of ppl are probably looking for something really specific and when u are selling a decently pricey car it's hard to find someone who will pay what you're asking b/c most don't have the full appreciation for exactly what you have. sucks.

GLWS!

matt
Yes, this kind of car and condition will attract a smaller group of buyers than say a 4-door sedan.

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
100 mi commute, why does it only have 3k+ miles? What, you drove it for 6 weeks or so. This is a great color combo, you should ditch the 330 and enjoy life.
I've been driving the car sparingly since I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the car. I put 1000 miles in Germany and then about 800 miles driving up from Spartansburg, SC. The 330 is in great condition also and has enough HP around here where the cops are hitting me with radar and lasers at 4:30 AM on my commute. :mad: The 335is barely breaks a sweat going 90! So the 335is is an expensive toy - fortunately it's paid for! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts