BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale / Advice: 1999 BMW 528iT - Black/ Black

I have a 1999 528 Wagon that I am trying to see if anyone has an interest in. This car has been our daily driver since 2006. We are the second family to own it as I purchased the car from a woman when her father passed away. All service records and window sticker intact.

With the exception of the past 18 months, the car was located in Palm Springs, CA or Phoenix, AZ. A relocation to New York and Ohio since last year showed us we did not have the right car for the climate. It has been garaged in the bad stuff. In addition, a few items have shown their age, and need to be addressed.

Here is the deal. I am trying to figure out what anyone would pay for the car. It has 12 month new tires, A/C has been serviced, new timing belts, and mechanically in top shape (ask questions). I replaced the air suspension over the Summer (see below). 103K miles - always serviced. The car has been loved, but family circumstances dictate me passing it on to someone that can take time to bring her back to 100%.

Here is what I know needs to be addressed on the car. I would rather not fix it, and let someone know it needs fixed, than have them wonder if I did. -
1. Right front passenger window regulator needs replacing
2. New Cup Holders (They stay open)
3. In the rear cargo area, one of the clips broke that holds the panel in place between the cargo area and the battery needs replacing.
4. Because of living in the desert, the trim around the windshield is rotten. BMW dealer says not to replace until it leaks or drives me crazy because it is more decorative than anything.
5. As noted above I replaced the air suspension ($1400) this past Summer. The car still settles in the back on the driver's side if it sits for 2-3 days. Start the car, and it levels out fine. Since the car has been garaged here for the Winter, I have not bothered.
6. New windshield washer reservoir bottle needed.
7. Driver's Side fog light is cracked (glass only).

Please let me know if you have any questions / advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts