BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just call me 777.
852 Posts
Rebuilt title 540i, 145k miles, upcoming timing chain guides... For 11k? You're dreaming.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine has 20k less miles than the car and is as quiet as can be. I'm confident as far as the timing chain guide is concerned but everything is negotiable if someone is interested in making preventative repairs.

·
Just call me 777.
852 Posts
The engine has 20k less miles than the car and is as quiet as can be. I'm confident as far as the timing chain guide is concerned but everything is negotiable if someone is interested in making preventative repairs.
And the value just went down even more. I wouldn't touch it. Glws.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
There is a classifieds section for this.

·
(oOO\(|||) (|||)/OOo)
3,229 Posts
^ what he said. Also, seller, this thing isn't worth half your asking price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it wasn't rebuilt and yes it's clean it's worth 8500 is fair price. 540i are actually more attractive unmolested as it's true form oem is why it so sought after and rated top used car to get under 10 for best bang for ur buck!

I got the same mileage e39 with body work done no guides issues but am willing to let it go for 5500 if anyone interested. Lmk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
What so great about dinan junk?
Hi

Dinan's products aren't junk, they're Researched and Developed to the same standards BMW would do for their products. Items that require manufacturing are similarly done to very high standards equivalent to what BMW would do. The very fact that BMW North America worked with and authorized a warranty program for Dinan modified cars shows that the quality is the total opposite from 'junk'.

I'd pay extra for a genuine 'Dinan' car over a standard BMW same model example.

E34falabella - Unfortunately, 'most' enthusiast buyers of BMW's will not even entertain the idea of even picking up the phone to a listing mentioning a 'rebuilt title' and where there's ANY discrepancy of miles/different engine etc etc. The majority of your audience will evaporate right there. Of the mainly enthusiasts left, those willing to think of purchasing the car will not pay a higher price but rather a lower price. To ask for a higher price, you'll need to show absolutely everything about the car, how, where and why it was fixed/repaired and using which parts etc. At that point, there 'might' be a handful of interested potential purchasers. To increase your chances of a sale, it's most likely you'll need to drop your asking price substantially.

Good luck anyway!

Cheers, Dennis!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts