BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: 2003 540i 6-speed M-tech

I'm putting My beloved 2003 540 6-speed M-tech up for sale. There were a total of 1,265 of the 2003 540i, 6-speed, //M-tech's made for the US market, and they were only made in 2003. (That is less than the number of M5 made that year.) They were given their own series of VIN numbers ranging from WBADN53423GF70811 - GF72075 . (Mine is GF71306, making it #496/1265). They have many features that other E39 owners spend thousands of dollars trying to duplicate and those of us lucky enough to own one think they are quite special. I love the car dearly, but at age 75, can't continue to do all my own maintenance, so am considering something with new safety features.

It is Metallic Black Sapphire with dove gray interior. 108k miles. I purchased the car in 2005 (second owner). I have 14 years of maintenance records. Much of the car's history is actually detailed right here on the forum, since I have been a long-time member.

Except for two years in Texas, the car has spent its life here in Tucson. It has never even seen snow or any adverse weather. It has always been garaged. The car is a daily driver, but very low mileage (well under 7k per year) and has been maintained at a very high level. Body condition is much better than average with paint condition excellent and just a couple small dings. The lower air dam on the front bumper is cracked due to a recent encounter with some debris on the interstate. Interior has 60/40 fold-down rear seats and power sunshades. No rips, tears or other damage on any seats. A little wear just beginning to show on some raised piping on drivers seat. The rest of the interior is in excellent condition.

Only BMW LL-01 certified full synthetic oil has ever been used, with oil changes at 7500 or less. I have been using Evans waterless coolant in the car for several years, and will include a couple extra gallons (along with a trunk filled of hundreds of dollars worth of miscellaneous BMW accessories and supplies). I have tried to keep the car in top condition and maintained as close to stock as possible. I put an M5 short shift kit in and removed the CDV, added a European center console with storage bin. Anytime anything was modified in anyway, I have the original parts. A full set of Bentley service manuals will also be included.

This listing is being cross linked on Bimmerforum along with some pictures. https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2407014-FS-2003-540i-6-speed-M-tech

Price $8,500
Email: [email protected]
or PM me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.