BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS: 4 Barely Used Pirelli Winter Sottozero S2 Tires - (2) 225/40R18 + (2) 245/35R18 - Near Philly, PA - No Longer Available

FS: 4 Barely Used Pirelli Winter Sottozero S2 Tires - (2) 225/40R18 + (2) 245/35R18 - Near Philly, PA

These tires came off an M135i (hence the 2 different sizes) and were used for just over a month. They are the "Serie 2" variant and they performed fantastically on the 135i which is a car that is not at all good in the snow without them. These are one of the best rated winter tires on Tire Rack and are well balanced in all areas of performance. Just check out the reviews on TR. Won't be using the car in the winter anymore so these tires have to go. Don't worry about the wider size of the 2 tires... they will fit on 18x8 - 18x9.5 rims (confirmed on TR). These tires have full tread life left and are in impeccable condition (see in the pics that the rubber hairs on the side are still there).

Would prefer pickup but can look into shipping if needed.

I'm asking $900 obo b/c of almost new condition and that these were just shy of 1100 new on Tire Rack last season because of size.

Feel free to PM too and I'll give my # out. Don't wanna post it publicly

List Date: 10/26/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: FS: 4 Barely Used Pirelli Winter Sottozero S2 Tires - (2) 225/40R18 + (2) 245/35R18 - Near Philly, PA
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price drop to $900. These tires new averaged out at $300 per tire, now I'm asking $225 per tire and they have less than 1K miles on them... These should be gone

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure you understand the intricacies of selling used tires. Partly because you've taken a picture of a penny on a tire in a way that can't possibly be used to measure tread depth, but mostly because you are selling tires with 80% of their life left for 80% of what you originally paid for them brand new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm not sure you understand the intricacies of selling used tires. Partly because you've taken a picture of a penny on a tire in a way that can't possibly be used to measure tread depth, but mostly because you are selling tires with 80% of their life left for 80% of what you originally paid for them brand new.
I don't know where you got 80% from but you're way off... These tires have barely been used and have 9/32 tread left. Yes the pics are poor (more on that soon) but you should refrain from publicly posting your assumption of the tread levels on someone elses tires if you disagree with their claim or just didn't read the description. I appreciate your interest in helping me understand the "intracacies" of selling tires... I have sold many tire sets before and made this posting as a courtesy to a friend. My friend supplied the lousy pictures as he doesn't know what he is doing and unfortunately neither of us have had a chance to upload better ones. I have a tread gauge and will upload accurate pics eventually or be happy to supply pics with tread gauge shown on tire to anyone who contacts me with interest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ohh I see so that was your intro to try to shake my confidence in my price on the tires since you want them, got it. Well I'd be happy to sell them but I'm not going any lower unless you just so happen to live close by and can make it a quick and easy sale. That has value to me. Otherwise I'm not inclined to drop the price. Yes, $900 is a lot of money for tires but everyone who knows tires knows that 18" winters are stupidly expensive to begin with, especially top-notch and highly rated varieties like these. Considering these tires have barely been used and I've taken $250 off of what they sold for, and that 18" winters are not particularly common, someone will buy. And if someone doesn't my friend just said he is actually fine with using them one more winter and selling later. So no pressing reason to drop the price... I'm gonna get him what he should get so don't try to lowball me.

If you have any more interest PM me and we can talk/text the rest out. I'd be happy to send better pics later, etc.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Are these still available?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts