880 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  m3techno
1996 BMW M3 $7500 - Central Coast California
VIN on request
Technoviolet / manual black leather vadar seats
Manual transmission
~220k miles
Heated seats
Sunroof
Full OBC (all pixels light up/all functions work)
Cruise control

Cool stuff:
TC Kline/Koni single adjustable coilovers 500#F/600#R
X-brace
TC Kline adjustable camber plates
Racing Dynamic sway bars with urethane bushings.
Corner weighted alignment by TC Designs in Milpitas
JT Design front aluminum underpanel
Rogue Engineering shortshifter with weighted selector rod
Racing Dynamics cat back exhaust
Carbotech XP12F/XP10R brake pads with OEM Brembo rotors (~4k miles)
Stainless steel brake lines
CD43 radio from MZ3 hooked to a Dice iPod adaptor - the CD player stopped working (I only use the radio and iPod, so it's not a big deal. Unless you simply have to have to play CD's. So I will also include a JVC CD receiver with a harness adaptor).
illuminated shift knob
Rear fog light wired (factory switch, instrument illumination, factory wiring/fusing)
DJ Auto projector headlights (with euro Silverstar H-1 bulbs)
Clear turn signals and side markers.
factory engine bay light
Schroth 'clip-in' four point harnesses
Delrin rear trailing arm bushing reinforcers
Welded in reinforcements to front and rear subframes (done by Bavarian Motorsports)

Recent repair history:
Clutch replaced a year ago
Driveshaft rebuilt at same time
New catalytic converters (last month)
new coils (last month)
a new set of Michelin PS2 with less than 2k miles (235-40-17 all four corners) on custom painted Borbet 17 x 8 rims
recent Inspection 2 (including trans/diff/brake fluids, plugs, crankcase pressure regulator, vacuum hoses, air/oil/fuel filters, etc) Castrol motor oil, Royal Purple in trans and diff
recent Bosch wiper blades
replaced windshield washer pump recently
Optima battery with custom mount (8 months old)
replaced belt tensioners ~3k miles ago
replaced front fender liners last year

Will also include:
a HUGE box of spare parts (a few different types of brake pads, filters, switches, relays, coils, plugs, etc, etc)
Peake Research engine code scanner/reset tool
Bentley E36 service manual
BMW electric trouble shooting manual / wiring diagram CD
spare set of wheels (ASA 17 x 8) for track/AX use with Hankook Z212 (at the wear bars. Okay for AX, maybe too many heat cycles for track use - you be the judge)

Not so good:
Clearcoat is peeling on roof and the paint is is pock marked on the front and hood.
AC compressor/clutch need to be replaced (belt currently removed)
passenger side seat heaters are dead
radiator/thermostat/overflow tank/all hoses/water pump last replaced ~2 years ago (if you track the car, it's time to do them again)
Windshield is pitted and has a few small cracks.
sunroof interior panel loose and rattles - sunroof still works fine

I've owned this car for nearly 7 years and have enjoyed it immensely. If you've been to any local BMW club events in the last few years, you've probably seen the car. It's also been on the cover of the club's chapter magazine a few times, most recently in August. It would make a great track day car for someone who plans to sharpen their driving skills at BMW CCA or NASA driver's schools. Great handling, power and brakes for the track or autocross, but still easy to drive to and from the track. It's also superb for the all the twisty mountain roads in the area, but it's a 'firm' ride and isn't all that pleasant in stop and go traffic.

The Kelly Blue book price is $5500 for a 'good' condition '96 M3. The TC Kline suspension, spare track wheels, brakes, etc would run you at least $3000 to add to a stock M3. The very recent set of PS2's are another $1000. I'm selling the car for $7500. If you don't think the price is fair, then please find another car to buy. I'd really like to see it go to another BMW enthusiast, so for the right home, there might be some flexibility on the price.

I'm reluctant to sell the car, but my priorities have shifted. I don't have time to enjoy it as much as I would like to. I plan to replace it with a stock WRX wagon which will be a better daily driver and allow for trips to Tahoe to ski - yeah, M3's suck in the snow. So if you have a 2006-07 WRX limited wagon with no engine mods and want to trade, we could work something out.

Pics will be posted this Sunday.