BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have historically owned a BMW coupe as a second car. I'm a car care freak - no snow, no salt, barely any rain, constant washing/waxing. And in the end I wind up with beautiful, fair weather cars. Many of you were very kind and interested in my last coupe (My Beloved 1991 318is).

I love the E46 coupe. I just find it one of the most inherently beautiful designs on the road - the classic european, skin-stretched-tight-over-the-mechanicals, fluid motion look. The facelifted 2004 model was a pinnacle for me - loved the smooth new fascias & full LED rear lamp clusters, the articulating new xenons. It's terrific to my eye.

Anyway, guys, a really strange turn of events brings me back quicker than normal - if 4 years can be considered quick. I will be living abroad for 3 - 5 years in Hong Kong! My company asked me to consider an exciting opportunity there, and at first I thought the idea was absurd, but now that my wife and I have visited Hong Kong (what a city!) we decided the dynamics of the environment would be pretty exciting for a few years.

So this particularly pampered 2004 325Ci coupe is for sale, along with some other toys. I've already sold my Yamaha FJR1300 and my daily driver SUV. At the moment I'm renting a new Toyota Highlander (how bland) so this BMW remains a garage queen.

The color is Orient Blue over Sand. This blue color sometimes looks black in the dark, but it is glorious on a sunny day. Options on the car when I ordered it:

1. Adaptive Xenon headlamps
2. Harman Kardon sound system
3. Sport Package (sport seats, 17" wheels, white turn signal indicators, etc.)
4. Glass Moonroof
5. Rain sensing wipers

Things I have added:
6. the thicker, grippier steering wheel from the M3 (still have the wimpy original if you like)
7. 18" ASA AR1 wheels in the exact same size as the ZHP Performance that became available in 2006, if memory serves. These wheels are beautiful, perfectly scuff free, and have Pirelli P Zero Nero tires.
8. BMW's Bluetooth Phone Integration System - steering wheel controlled and works amazingly.
9. Dension's iPod Integration system
10. BMW's Aux-In kit if you need to add further audio sources beyond the iPod
11. A Myrtle wood handbrake cover from the 5-series which matches the rest of the car - hated that cheap black plastic handle.

I ordered this car from Midwestern Auto Group in Dublin, Ohio - a suburb of Columbus. I paid cash for it and own it outright. It has always been maintained there. I have a full file of all the records including the original window sticker, and MAG has any records they didn't give to me.

Give me a moment and I'll post some pictures next...

Don

EDIT: Neglected to mention the car has 48K miles today.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures 2

Pictures with the stock rims, though it was kind of a dreary overcast day. I have the stock wheels & tires stored in Tire Totes. If you're interested, you can have the ASAs with the car, or the stock wheels. Whatever you prefer.

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Icelink

The car has Dension's Icelink iPod system. I've also included BMW's European roll-top tray, but you could easily use the cup holders if you prefer. I've actually put the cupholders back in at the moment because it's surprising how often you need one.

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XM Radio

It also has an XM Radio at this time. You can keep the XM Radio (lighting matches the BMW's dash lighting) or remove it without a trace. It is installed in a way that there are no holes drilled, nor any cutting.

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price

A 'fester reminded me I had not included price. I should have put that in the ad. Kelley Blue Book puts the retail at $23,615. I'd sell at $19,000.

I'm not looking to get rich here. I would take the car with me, but Hong Kong is a right-hand drive country.

Thanks for your interest guys. It really is a beautiful car. Come have a look if you can.

Don

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Wow, Nice car!!

Should be an easy sale with minimal negotiation.

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
Darn, another black/tan combo. Oh well. Good luck with the sale. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A couple people were interested in the wheels. They are a staggered 18 inch setup, with 8 inch wide fronts wearing 225/40's and 9 inch rears wearing 255/35's. These are the same sizes as the ZHP package, but they have a fantastic deep dish look with the rear lip looking deeper than the front like a proper sporting car.

Don

Attachments

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
I prefer Orient Blue / Sand, thanks. ;)

Don
D'oh.. I didnt open them full size. For some reason the pics looked black to me..., also probably would have helped for me to actually read the description... :doh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts