BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the Bosch VW MAF that works on the E39 540 from 9/1998 through 2003. It requires you to remove the sensor from the included Bosch VW MAF housing, and install it in your existing BMW MAF housing. You will only need two tools, a Torx 5 point security bit for the VW housing and a 6 point Torx security bit for the BMW housing. Works identical to the BMW part, only the housings differ. Saves you $100's over the oem part. If you need more info, there are many threads on bimmerfest and bimmerforum in both the E39 and M5 forums about the sucessful use of these, as both the 540's and M5's use this same MAF. This is a Bosch part, not the Chinese crap.

I bought this thinking I had a bad MAF, and found it was something else. This is NEW in the box, unused. If you do not have a 5 point Torx security bit, let me know in advance, and I will remove the screws for you. The 6 point Torx security bits are admittedly easier to find at any autoparts or tool store. I had to buy the 5 point bit on the internet. ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts