BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd post this here becuase it can help out someone who is going to Germany for ED before September '05.

I have 2 coupon books for 25 liters of gas (50 liters total). I purchased these while my wife and I where in Germany in early March. These coupons expire 30 September and they are good at any Esso gas station for Super Unleaded fuel only. As you may know, fuel is very expensive in Europe and these books can save you a little bit of cash. I'm asking $45 for both books. That's less than a buck a liter. Please PM me for details. First come, first served.
Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The books have been spoken for. Thanks for all the interest.
Cheers,
Mike :drive:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Just a word of caution to whomever bought these. I've used the Esso coupons several times before (they're issued by the US military in Europe for military active duty and gov't officials stationed overseas). In every case, the coupons have had the rental car license plate number written on the book. Once (out of about 20 or 30 times using coupons) I was asked to show US Gov't ID/travel orders to redeem the coupons. Granted, I was filling up a family members vehicle whose plate number obviously didn't match the coupon book. I had a gov't civilian ID with me so everything was kosher but don't be suprised if you're put in a similar situation.

Otherwise, they sure make a visit to the Tankstelle quite a bit more palatable!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Its ME :banana:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Brian, you're the lucky guy! I feel confident you won't have a problem using these coupons. Enjoy your trip!
Cheers,
Mike :drive:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
From my experience, the station attendants rarely ever check (only been asked once out of a couple dozen times). The worst that could happens it that you pay full price for the fill-up but the next Esso station down the road won't even bother. I just didn't want you to be suprised if they do ask... of course you could always BS and say that you just bought new BMW before returning to states, orders/ID are back at home, blah blah blah.

Chances are you'll have no issues...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts