Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2015 328d with 50,000. A few months ago, I got engine light and was PO2CP #2 Cylinder Fuel Injuector Offset Learning at Max Limit. No performance issues noted and local shopped cleared for me. I went several thousands of miles and light came back on, same thing. We either clearned it or went out on it***8217;s own. One time, I got 2 codes, one of which was the same and the other code was exact same problem but was #3 Cylinder. Local garage didn***8217;t have any answer. Wanted to replace all 4 Injectors. Last few times light has come on it has just been the #3 Cylinder, not #2. So, it started off as #2. At one point it was both #2 and #3, and now it***8217;s just #3. During all of this, I haven***8217;t experience any engine problems or performance issues.

It also seems that BMW offers 2 different fuel injectors for this vehicle. One of them in the $200 range and other is over $500.

Is this an electrical problem, injectors, or something else?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Greg

·
Registered
92 Posts
So.... the fuel injector problem you have is a deviation. They should be covered under extended warranty as all diesel have like a 150k warranty for injectors and fuel pumps. What BMW does is remove your quality control valve to check for metal swarf and if swarf is found, the complete fuel system gets replaced. If no swarf if found, BMW will replace all 6 injectors unless told BMW PUMA to replace only the defective ones. The cause of this is the diesel fuel itself, unfortunately. Also, each injector needs to be coded per cylinder or else running issues will occur possible damage if not done right.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
So.... the fuel injector problem you have is a deviation. They should be covered under extended warranty as all diesel have like a 150k warranty for injectors and fuel pumps. What BMW does is remove your quality control valve to check for metal swarf and if swarf is found, the complete fuel system gets replaced. If no swarf if found, BMW will replace all 6 injectors unless told BMW PUMA to replace only the defective ones. The cause of this is the diesel fuel itself, unfortunately. Also, each injector needs to be coded per cylinder or else running issues will occur possible damage if not done right.
The OP has a 4 cyl not a 6 Cyl so I don't think your post will help them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the extended warranty something I should have bought or does it follow the car? I bought this used. My local BMW said 2 were bad and needed to be replaced. I just went ahead and had all 4 replaced. No one said anything about an extended warranty. Where can I verify this warranty? Why didn't my local BMW Service Center not have this information??? I would love to get some/all my money back.

Currently, my car is running well.

Thanks for your help and information.

·
dce
609 Posts
Is the extended warranty something I should have bought or does it follow the car? I bought this used. My local BMW said 2 were bad and needed to be replaced. I just went ahead and had all 4 replaced. No one said anything about an extended warranty. Where can I verify this warranty? Why didn't my local BMW Service Center not have this information??? I would love to get some/all my money back.

Currently, my car is running well.

Thanks for your help and information.

I had injector failures on my 2014 328dX; 2 outside of normal warranty mileage. BMW dealer service tried to get BMW to cover ... one they did, but I had to fork over for another ... wasn’t cheap, like $1k or $1.5k as I recall. In other words, the “ ... all diesels have 150k warranty on injectors and fuel pumps” didn’t apply to mine, apparently.

·
Apay Kapoy
947 Posts
My 335i with 89K+ miles had a drivetrain malfunction 2 months ago and my code reader showed #4 cylinder misfire. It was diagnosed as a cylinder #4 bad fuel injector and I had it replaced. I'm not sure if it was clogged or did not inject fuel but at least it was only one and I hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Injector r&r’s are easy. You just need a scanner like the foxwell 520 to code the new ones. The parts are costly but you’ll save a ton on labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 12 of 12 Posts