BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a new member to the forum from Kenya in Africa.My problem is the fuel geuge always lights red when it is showing 1/4 tank,but when I switch off the engine,it goes to zero.What might be faulty on these E30 of mine?Just bought it some two weeks ago.:tsk:

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
Welcome aboard. The guage will go to zero when the ignition is off, that is normal. I have learned the hard way that the guage is ver inaccurate below 1/4 tank. More than likely the cause is the sending unit in the tank.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
yeah..I agree. they jump around a lot, but seem to even out once you hit the road, and if your OBC is working, you're covered.

·
Registered
676 Posts
funny you say i just jack slap mine a few times to put it in check and it steps back in line everytime but my o.b.c is really accurate too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for welcoming me with quick response,what do I have to check on the sending unit in the tank?,coz these weekend I might open it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.