BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I want to thank all of you for all the help you did and to make this website great and very helpful !
I opened this thread because I couldn't find anything on this forum at all about testing the fuel pressure on a m62 with no shraider valve on the fuel rail .
Does anybody know to check it?
Symptoms of my car are : stalling at a stop, slow acceleration, engine turns off after starting it for the first time( it take a couple times to start the car and keep it running) , Trans Failsafe Prog ( maybe is just the transmission - the whole car jerks when I put it I reverse only! ) .
Again thank you and some help will be deeply appreciated !!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
O.k., since no one else has an idea, I'll give you my two cents. Modern fuel injection requires a return line to the tank. So this test has to be done on the correct line, the one coming from the tank, at the tank side of the fuel filter. I don't want to tell you the exact procedure because it is extremely dangerous if done incorrectly. I'd ask a shop to swap out your fuel filter and do a test of static fuel pressure with the key in the run position and another while cranking the engine.

You could easily burn yourself, others, your house, garage and car. Or die.

Gasoline is nothing to be taken lightly. Spend the money and save yourself and others from a horrific accident.

Debbie

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to take it to a shop but I live in Minot North Dakota and shops here have no idea on how to fix it, I would take it to a shop immediately but I will keep looking for a shop. Thank you very much for the response!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would like to take it to a shop but I live in Minot North Dakota and shops here have no idea on how to fix it, I would take it to a shop immediately but I will keep looking for a shop. Thank you very much for the response!
No problem. Here is the thing. You need to show them where the fuel filter is. Then they (independent shop) can plumb in their fuel pressure gauge and run the test. Being in Minot, are you Air Force? Have a relative that is? Bases have shops that personel can use to fix their POVs. Personally owned vehicles are rare among junior enlisted, but NCOs (Sergeants) use base shops a lot. Hog them actually and try and drive junior enlisted off base/post and bend over for dealer rates.

If you are in service, go to Ask Reddit.com

I'm sure they will find a way to get your fuel pressure read and diagnosed. They are amazing at finding resources for military personnel.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no I am not in the military but I know some people in the Air Force, I will check with them thank you for the advice I really appreciate your help.:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually do have one more sorry, and thank you , this is another problem I am getting Trans Failsafe Prog and I looke underneath the car and there is a wire that hooks up to the transmission , one of the little wires is broken, do you know where i can get a whole entire wire to replace it , or any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
No experience with that problem and part. If I don't know I will say so. Looks to me you need to get on Google and search for people with similar problems. Good luck and may the YouTube gods be with you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts