BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved from Scotland to Nigeria and though the people here are wonderful to maintain a car is a big problem as the garages seem not to understand how to fix a bmw. My model is the 535 and the symptoms include intermittent cuts in fuel flow resulting sometimes in loud backfire. The fuel pump was suggested as the problem and after changing the fuel pump twice, still no joy. It such a sweet car to drive in a country where petrol is relatively cheap and I will hate to replace it. Any solutions?

·
Registered
195 Posts
the fuel pump wires have been known to break - either outside or inside the tank. I had it on my 540 intermittent fault at first, then stopped altogether. The break was inside the heat shrink next to the connector block inside the tank.

·
I'm otay. You are not.
1,337 Posts
your mechanic is probably feeding beans to your car, hence the farts!!!:rofl::rofl:
I was about to offer that it may be that the car doesn't like Nigerian cuisine. Or you can let the garage borrow your Bentley manual. Sounds like they don't have one of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try to find the bank official who is ready to share a 17 million dollar account with you.
Then I would dump the car and buy a new one. Maybe two or three.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts