BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Good to know. If I read it right, it's only up to my 2012.

·
got something nicer?
417 Posts
Gives me a reason to bring mine in since the CBS is telling me the brake fluid needs a change based on age, I guess.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Mine needs it, but it may be awhile before they get the new parts and procedures in place to provide the fix.

FWIW, the brake lines should be flushed at a 24-month interval, regardless of the miles on the vehicle...the clock starts at the manufacturing date, not the date you buy it from the dealer. On mine, since I picked it up in Germany, it was only built a couple of weeks before I got it, but for most people, there's at least a few months, and maybe much longer between the build date and when they take possession. Something to keep in mind. FWIW, this is a good suggestion, even if not recommended by the factory, for other car makes. With the costs of ABS/master cylinders, brake cylinders, brake lines, it makes sense to keep as much moisture out of there as possible, and only a good flush can clear it out.

·
got something nicer?
417 Posts
I got the letter in the mail the other day. Said they don't have enough parts to support the recall campaign at this time. Not the most useful letter I've ever received but then again, not every BMW owner posts here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the letter in the mail the other day. Said they don't have enough parts to support the recall campaign at this time. Not the most useful letter I've ever received but then again, not every BMW owner posts here.
I was talking to the BMW dealership in Wilmington DE Care mngr who told me about the fuel pump recall. I replaced my fuel pump which they are willing to reimburse my for once they fix it. I have a 11 550I GT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in Quebec. It was replaced but may be the old design.
That's so annoying. You have exactly the same car as me. Glad you got it done. I got a letter from BMW Canada about 2 weeks ago saying there was a recall. So I called the dealer up last Friday and just asked about getting my car booked in for a recall. The BMW lady said the fuel pump recall? I said yes and she said we don't have parts for that yet. That I will get a second letter when they get parts. I asked when she said they don't know lol. Meanwhile neighbouring province has parts. These dealers are useless

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to clarify. I did have the pump replaced but it was just before the recall. I don't know if the replacement is the "new" design. It may need to be replaced again if they used a NOS part.
Once the new pumps are readily available, I will have them check the part numbers to see which pump was installed on my car.

·
Ridin' the wingless plane
570 Posts
When I took mine in for a pre-purchase inspection, the rep said there was a pending recall but that it was in "pre-release." I'd expect this is probably one of those things that they roll out as they have parts and funding for it and 2 weeks ago it wasn't actually considered a recall yet.
I'd be willing to bet it's going to take a while.

·
Supporting Bimmerfest
588 Posts
When I took mine in for a pre-purchase inspection, the rep said there was a pending recall but that it was in "pre-release." I'd expect this is probably one of those things that they roll out as they have parts and funding for it and 2 weeks ago it wasn't actually considered a recall yet.
I'd be willing to bet it's going to take a while.
Correct!

·
Registered
38 Posts
BMW is so slow for recalls.

I had some when I had my M550d.

Expect to get another letter 6 months from when you got the first letter saying the parts are available.

With that in mind it should be July/August 17.

On a side note I have issues with the fuel pump, BMW diagnosed it as the fuel pump they want me to pay $900 to replace it with the old fuel pump (as the new parts are not available yet) or wait until the parts come available. Its funny because even Ford always have parts available on recalls instantly for vehicles suffering from the defect. BMW don't !!! should of got a Ford Mustang lol.

So I'm driving around with my fingers crossed and my middle finger up at BMW.

·
got something nicer?
417 Posts
BMW is so slow for recalls.

I had some when I had my M550d.

Expect to get another letter 6 months from when you got the first letter saying the parts are available.

With that in mind it should be July/August 17.

On a side note I have issues with the fuel pump, BMW diagnosed it as the fuel pump they want me to pay $900 to replace it with the old fuel pump (as the new parts are not available yet) or wait until the parts come available. Its funny because even Ford always have parts available on recalls instantly for vehicles suffering from the defect. BMW don't !!! should of got a Ford Mustang lol.

So I'm driving around with my fingers crossed and my middle finger up at BMW.
lmao

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
Update:

Meant to post a while back that I received recall notice letter to contact dealership and schedule service about two weeks ago. I called to schedule the other day and was told they need to get the parts in house, I need to bring the vehicle in with 1/2 or less fuel and they will provide a loaner. I asked if the parts were in US or back ordered I was told they are in US so shouldn't take too long.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had mine fail a couple months ago while doing 80mph. Towed to a "local" dealer, they had my car for 3 or 4 days... ended up replacing gas tank too, they said something about the pump being welded to the tank, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

All covered under warranty, except my $50 co-pay ( and the tank of gas they charged me for, even though I filled up less than 1 hour before failure)

Maybe they'll send me my $50 back, but I won't hold my breath

1 - 20 of 48 Posts