BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 90 325i convertible is still not starting. I read thru the Bentley manual and it said to test the relay with a jumper wire between post 30 and post 87. I did this and the car started. So, I know that the relay must be bad, my question is, is it possible that one of the fuel pumps is bad as well?

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
My 90 325i convertible is still not starting. I read thru the Bentley manual and it said to test the relay with a jumper wire between post 30 and post 87. I did this and the car started. So, I know that the relay must be bad, my question is, is it possible that one of the fuel pumps is bad as well?
you should only have one. or did they run one per side in the later year e30s

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
you should only have one. or did they run one per side in the later year e30s
one in the tank and one on the left hand side. the second one is between the rear wheel well and the rear door on a sedan im told.. dont know for sure.. i live by dont fix what aint broke for stuff like that

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
one in the tank and one on the left hand side. the second one is between the rear wheel well and the rear door on a sedan im told.. dont know for sure.. i live by dont fix what aint broke for stuff like that
i know bmw had the dual pump for the etas, but they went to a single in tank when they went to the 2.5. but if you want to prove if you do have 2 pump, jack up the drivers rear and pop your head just in front of the tire. should be about 8-10 inches in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts