BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a problem with their fuel pump? Mine went out only after 5000 miles. First thing I noticed was no whirring sound coming from the fuel pump when I turned the ignition key. Luckily, after a minor battle, dealer was able to look at it the same day. They found a blown fuse and a burnt out fuel pump. Just wondering if there is a common problem.:dunno:

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
I know there was a TSB on my 2001 330Ci and they replaced mine but I don't know if it affected 2002's

BTW the newer one is REALLY loud at idle . . .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Alan,

do you know the TSB numbers ?
also what build month is your'01?

PS: sometime on idle from my driver side gas tank there is "brllprrl" noise (like blowing air true straw in cup with water) , guessing it's coming from the pump, anyway is that the problem if they are going bad ?

THX in advance

3c

Attachments

·
3,440 Posts
My 06/2000 330Ci had a recall per the BMW Service DCS. SIB # 12 13 00, Replace Leak Dianostic Pump. P/N 16 13 6 756 440.

This only applied to certain 2001 Models.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I know at my dealership.. my service guy told me that the s54 M3/roadsters some had ripped thier fuel pumps due to redlining the car before the break in was done... i assume it busted not by doing that just once

1 - 7 of 7 Posts