BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
What gasket are you referring to? The access cover plate in the trunk? The Rubber seal (# 2) on the diagram you posted? If the rubber seals are not dry-rotted, you should not need to replace them. If they are, you can get them from the dealer for under 20 bucks for both.

Make sure that you clean out all of the ground metal flakes in the gas tank after you remove the old fuel pump before installing the new one. (The metal flakes will have come from the old fuel pump). This can be done with a telescoping shop magnet available from most autoparts stores. If you do not you will be pulling out the fuel pump again. The metal flakes will not pass through the filter on the new fuel pump but they will clog it and give the same symptoms of a failing fuel pump.

Sent from my DingleBerry using Poop App

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Un my experience, the second fuel pressure regulator at the top is not required. My old piersburg did not have it and my new after market one does not have it either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.