BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Whatever
Joined
·
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I receive an email from a friend telling me about a liquid fuel-saving additive that's supposed to save fuel costs by 25%. Has anyone here ever used anything like this, and if so, what product and did you see any cost savings. Also, what kind of effect do you think it would have on our BMW engines? FYI, I only use premium at the pump.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,970 Posts
Utter Bull Feces

marc545i said:
I receive an email from a friend telling me about a liquid fuel-saving additive that's supposed to save fuel costs by 25%. Has anyone here ever used anything like this, and if so, what product and did you see any cost savings. Also, what kind of effect do you think it would have on our BMW engines? FYI, I only use premium at the pump.
Dump the "friend." Most e-mails that contain startling information are complete and utter bullsh!t. Chain letters, too. Every e-mail I get that is the least bit suspicious I :google: the concepts and I also go to snopes.com . So far exactly 100% of those e-mails were bullsh!t.

There was one, recently, which asked for money for some cause in South Africa where small children were allegedly being sexually abused. It was sent to me -- and a hundred other people -- by my ex-wife. It took me 15 seconds, but I found it was a hoax. So, I wrote her back (I didn't hit the "Reply All" button because I didn't want to embarass her), and gently told her it was a hoax. I also provided her with several links from :google: as well as the snopes urban-legend demystifier. She wrote me back that I was a heartless beastard! :rofl:

So, :google: the name of the product in your e-mail and you will find out that this "liquid fuel-saving additive" is complete and utter bull feces. (Speaking of which, is a better additive.)
 

·
M Mad
Joined
·
10,476 Posts
And if it was real, what oil company right now would not buy it, add it to their gas, charge even more, but advertise the heck out of it? Because it doesn't work, therefore would be false advertising.
 

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
jeeze, next he'll tell you to get the turbonator. kick him in the nuts if he does.
 

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
Joined
·
10,478 Posts
Malibubimmer said:
Dump the "friend." Most e-mails that contain startling information are complete and utter bullsh!t. Chain letters, too. Every e-mail I get that is the least bit suspicious I :google: the concepts and I also go to snopes.com . So far exactly 100% of those e-mails were bullsh!t.

There was one, recently, which asked for money for some cause in South Africa where small children were allegedly being sexually abused. It was sent to me -- and a hundred other people -- by my ex-wife. It took me 15 seconds, but I found it was a hoax. So, I wrote her back (I didn't hit the "Reply All" button because I didn't want to embarass her), and gently told her it was a hoax. I also provided her with several links from google as well as the snopes urban-legend demystifier. She wrote me back that I was a heartless beastard! :rofl:

So, google the name of the product in your e-mail and you will find out that this "liquid fuel-saving additive" is complete and utter bull feces. (Speaking of which, is a better additive.)
If she thought bad of you then, imagine what she'd have done if you used "reply all". I did once, politely as possible, and included the links to the snopes and google articles. The cousin that had been sending the stupid emails hit "reply all" back (with about 40 friends and family) and attacked me for calling her stupid and being heartless.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,837 Posts
MrTex said:
jeeze, next he'll tell you to get the turbonator. kick him in the nuts if he does.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 

·
Whatever
Joined
·
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MrTex said:
jeeze, next he'll tell you to get the turbonator. kick him in the nuts if he does.
Well I bought this damn flux capacitor from him, but I can't find any plutonium to run it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,837 Posts
marc545i said:
Well I bought this damn flux capacitor from him, but I can't find any plutonium to run it.
Nah, remember from the second movie, all you need is garbage and an empty beer can :rofl:
 

·
Advocate de diabolo
Joined
·
2,363 Posts
wingspan said:
Nah, remember from the second movie, all you need is garbage and an empty beer can :rofl:
Mr. Fusion is not something to joke about.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
marc545i said:
Well I bought this damn flux capacitor from him, but I can't find any plutonium to run it.
You should have bought the newer version. It runs on banana peel and tin cans. :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
marc545i said:
Well I bought this damn flux capacitor from him, but I can't find any plutonium to run it.
muahahahahah!:rofl:

the "Flux Capacitor...It makes time travel possible" classic!!!:p
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top